Interconnects Blu Ray to Receiver

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
I have a Sony BDPS 550 Blu ray, and a Yamaha DSP-AX640RDS handles surround duties, with a Naim Supernait handling the main stereo pair. I was originally going to ugrade the Yammy to get HD sound (to a 763 or 863), but now I'm thinking that I may be better off getting three lengths of analogue interconnect to run 6ch instead.

Has anyone got any recomendations for this or other comments? I'll need 3 x 2m lengths.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Naxos:
I have a Sony BDPS 550 Blu ray, and a Yamaha DSP-AX640RDS handles surround duties, with a Naim Supernait handling the main stereo pair. I was originally going to ugrade the Yammy to get HD sound (to a 763 or 863), but now I'm thinking that I may be better off getting three lengths of analogue interconnect to run 6ch instead.

Has anyone got any recomendations for this or other comments? I'll need 3 x 2m lengths.

If you are happy with your Yammy now, three pairs of RCA cables will make you very happy once you hear the HD sound. It's definitely worth trying first of all - you can get three pairs of decent cables for no more than £30 and it will give you an idea. If it doesn't blow you away, upgrade your amp and it will for sure.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Wow - I thought I might have to pay rather more than that: what make are you thinking about (I use Chord Crimson for my other interconnects)?

Cheers

Graham

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Naxos:
Wow - I thought I might have to pay rather more than that: what make are you thinking about (I use Chord Crimson for my other interconnects)?

Cheers

Graham

A couple of choices, the first one is a bit dearer and they go from 1m to 3m but the second choice will be fine also.

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/2022/fisual-install-series-phono-cables/display.html

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/1606/ixos-xha215-phono-cable-/display.html

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, that's really helpful. Reckon I might give the Ixos's a go, even though they only come in 1m or 3m lengths.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts