Interconnect and Wiring questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm building a system that currently consists of a Clearaudio Emotion SE turntable, B&W PM1 speakers and Simaudio 340i integrated amplifier. I'll soon be getting the Simaudio 310LP phono preamp.

My question is what interconnect cables and speaker wire should I get. I am looking at Nordost but wondering what line I should get. I'm not too concerned with the pricing but don't want to spend more on cables than I would get out of them.

Also, I'm quite new to all of this, and am wondering what type of speaker wire to get. I've been reading about bi-wire, shotgun, etc and am getting more confused. Wondering also is there any advantage in getting banana plugs over spade connections for the speaker wire or vice versa.

Thanks.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Have a chat with the dealer who's selling you your stuff. You may or may not notice any worthwhile differences if you use Bi-wire cable and may decide to buy a better quality single wire cable instead. Hopefully, they'll be able to lend you cables to try out at home with your new kit

The actual construction if the cable (shotgun, woven, etc) doesn't really matter, it's still a pair of conductors. Different manufacturers do things different ways.

Your stuff is at the pricier end of the market, so I think you'd be looking at prices of around £20/30+ per metre for speaker cable and probably about £150/200+ for any interconnects.

Oh... banana plugs are neater IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts