initial impressions of Dali zensor 3

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
robdmarsh said:
What do you guys know about the Mission 751 standmounters? They seem to have a big reputation online. They're from the same era as the Celestions and I'd like to get a pair to do a comparision.

The mission 751 is a good speaker that should be ok driven by your Marantz, the top end can sound a little bright in some systems and the tweeters are prone to failure and it is very hard to find replacements.

I you find a good fully working pair at a bargain price try them to see if you like them and if not you can sell them on, you should get your money back as they are still a popular speaker .

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
robdmarsh said:
What do you guys know about the Mission? 751 standmounters? They seem to have a big reputation online. They're from the same era as the Celestions and I'd like to get a pair to do a comparision.

I would strongly recommend you look at the Mission 731 - they will sing with your system.

robdmarsh

Well, Thompsonuxb I've given the Dalis enough listening time now. They have got a little bit better but I think they were pretty much run in already. To be honest they are really not for me- in every aspect of the sound I prefer my Ceslestions except maybe in scale where the Dalis have low end rumble but I think this needs more powerful amplification to control. I'm sure not everyone would agree with me but I think these ancient little boxes are in a different league to three highly rated modern speakers I've tried, with the Rega rs1 at new costing near £400, coming maybe closest, but frankly they were shrill and shouty compared to my beauts.

Needless to say I'll never get rid of Cels but I'll go on hunting for something that can beat them (without costing an arm and a leg) because I'm that curious. Q Acoustic Concept 20s could be next or maybe 2nd hand PMC if I can find any bargains.

Cheers

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I thought about this thread yesterday but could not remember it's title...

But you gave the Dali's a chance - one can't say fairer than that.

The pmc is a better call - having heard the 5's I'm not convinced by the budget Dali's seeing them as 'fun' speakers.

The Quad 11l's may be another option. Please do keep us upto date - I love these types of threads, good luck with your search.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts