in ceiling speakers needed for multiroom

knacker

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I am needing some in ceiling speakers for two room and they need to be discrete- I have managed to get a Sonus system OKed but on the basis that the speakers are small and mounted in the ceiling. Any ideas folks.

PS this is probably only for music not surround sound and before anyone mentions docks or small "BOSE" type speakers they are a complete no-no

A

Anonymous

I use Anthony Gallo Micro units. Good sound and a quality ceiling fixing, Find them on www.anthonygallo.co.uk They are not the cheapest but are very good. I also use the sonos which is being fed by a Buffalo link station NAS. Just got a DACmagic but I have not fitted it yet so I can't say how good the benefit is.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I use speakercraft in-walls in my bedroom and a pair of AQ in-ceilings in the bathroom. I didn't see the point in spending loads on a bathroom due to poor acoustics etc. Kef, Sonance, Boston Acoustics are often recommended for in-ceilings etc. Your best bet is to speak to an installer and remember to check the available depth etc.!!

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi, you could try this store out

www.ceiling-speakers.co.uk

I just got some Monitor Audio's from them. Great service and knowledge. A large choice so their web site might just give you some good idea if nothing else.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

I've got some Proficient C790 speakers in the dining room ceiling. They're not bad but I bet there are better out there.

A

Anonymous

I have seen some in ceiling speakers made by a company called adastra they specialize in pa equipment. I heard them in a shop as they sounded pretty good for in ceiling speakers. They have a good bass responce and they even have directional tweeters so you can direct the upper frequencies to where you want them, or just have them central for a more omni directional sound.

http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr6086.html

A

Anonymous

If you are in search of two discrete speakers with good sound quality, the only one name that i would suggest is F&D.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts