Improving my system on a budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System:

Samsung LE40A786R2FX

Samsung DVD SR275 (Due to upgrade to Sony BDP-S360)

Xbox360

Cambridge Audio Azur 540R V2

Front Speakers: Tannoy Mercury M2.5

Centre Speaker: Kef Cresta 20c

Rear Speakers: Gale 3010 (not the greatest in the World)

Sub Woofer: Mordaunt Short Alumni 9

Cables:

2x Van Den Hul Flat HDMI

1x Atlas Optical cable

Cambridge Audio Sub-Link

Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 (Front & Centre Speakers)

Cambridge Audio Symphony 300 (Rear Surround Speakers)

I'm after some reasonably priced upgrades that'll give my system a bit more clout,

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

What exactly are you looking for in terms of an 'upgrade'? Looking at your kit, I think your speaker system is a serious mis-match with each other. Next is your receiver.

You have a reasonably good sub-woofer - I would keep that and get rid of the rest.

What exactly is your budget?

A

Anonymous

I just want to improve the overall sound quality, I think I'm pretty much set Visually, (with the exception of Blu-Ray, but thats nearly sorted)

I'm thinking around £450 on Speakers, maybe keep the centre speaker that seems to be the best of the 5 sound quality wise,

Probably £350-400 on an amp, don't really want to use 6.1 or 7.1 etc at the moment as although I have a huge living room, there is quite a lot of furniture in it, & we have several doors and arches leading into it, so minimal speakers with maximum effect is what I'm looking for, plus something with an acceptable Hifi ability wouldn't be a bad thing, (It seems newer equipment is better at this than it used to be after a few demos earlier in the year)

A

Anonymous

For your budget, you must consider the new Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 Home Cinema speaker package, which can now be had for £495.00 (£550.00 original price) - rated 5 **** by WHF.

The Sony STR-DH800 Home Cinema Receiver would be the ideal choice at £279.95 - rated 5 *** by WHF & Best Home Cinema Amplifier up to £300.00 WHF Awards 2009.

Both will work very well with each other. Sorted.

A

Anonymous

3 I'm looking at for front speakers are:

Mordaunt Short Aviano 1

Mordaunt Short Mezzo 1

Kef IQ3

Rears:

All out of ideas, but something with a small housing due to their positioning,

AV Reciever:

Sony STRDN1000

Onkyo TXSR607

Any views?

A

Anonymous

I'm not a massive fan of having Satelite speakers at the front, I have some awesome Optimum speaker stands that set me back £175, so I'm looking to make the best of them if possible,

Sony STRDH800 is a nice idea, it's definately going to get an audition at the next oppertunity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts