Improving dialogue clarity get a centre speaker?

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
At the minute i only have a stereo setup due to space consisting of a Sony 810 amp and some old Mission 733i speakers, the amp was required due to my TV haing issues with the HDMI so i'm having to run my gear via component through the amp. The Mrs complains that when watching films she can't always make out the dialogue when people talke quietly or things are going or multiple things are going on.

My thought was to get a centre speaker, would this help in separating the speach out from the rest of the noise? If so any suggestions on a fairly cheap one?

Alternativly if replaing the speakers on the cheap would help i'd consider this, but having a 2yr old who is boysterous i don't think bookshelf speakers on stands would last too long! (also the reason for keeping my system on the cheap atm)

cheers.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest you buy a 2nd hand Mission Centre Speaker off fleabay in that case, to match, or get close to your exsisting speakers. It is best not to mix & match brands / makes. You can always upgrade at later date with the surrounds & sub when the nipper gets older.

Something like .... this.

After connecting up you will have to re-setup your av amp & you should notice a big improvement.

Regards ..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts