I'm quite tempted

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I'd call the QA3030i 'easy listening' regardless of music played through them. I think an upgrade will be required.
I think an upgrade of your amp will be an upgrade of your speakers automatically, I'm not sure what screw in stands are, but while I'm spending your money the Dali rubicon 5's are selling in the UK for 2K atm, I think thats the best option, the footprint is no larger than stand mounts and you dont have to pay for stands.

Reactions: Al ears

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Just seen this. Really like Exposure CDP but the age of this model and whether the price justifies the minimal usage, it's making me hesitate.

I understand where you're coming from because I actually bought a vintage CD player. I think I'm right when I say the Exposure CDP is from around 2003. That's 3 years younger than my 1998 units.
I bought a Rotel RDD-980 CD transport and the matching DAC, a Rotel RDP-980.
I have been immensely impressed with both units. I had to renew the drive wheel on the CD tray but apart from that simple inexpensive repair everything is great. The inside of the CP transport is really well laid out with minimum cabling and good quality components. Two separate power supplies, one for the CD drive components and one for the audio electronics.
New these would have cost around 1,500 US dollars.
I paid a total of €110 for these units. Not only did I get a bargain but I also got the best sound from a CD I have heard.
The price of £495 seems like lots of money for the Exposure CD player which isn't that well known. You're also presuming that this unit hasn't been repaired with inferior components.
I just think that £495 buys a good new CD player or you could save your money and wait for the bargain to come along like I did.

I understand where you're coming from because I actually bought a vintage CD player. I think I'm right when I say the Exposure CDP is from around 2003. That's 3 years younger than my 1998 units.
I bought a Rotel RDD-980 CD transport and the matching DAC, a Rotel RDP-980.
I have been immensely impressed with both units. I had to renew the drive wheel on the CD tray but apart from that simple inexpensive repair everything is great. The inside of the CP transport is really well laid out with minimum cabling and good quality components. Two separate power supplies, one for the CD drive components and one for the audio electronics.
New these would have cost around 1,500 US dollars.
I paid a total of €110 for these units. Not only did I get a bargain but I also got the best sound from a CD I have heard.
The price of £495 seems like lots of money for the Exposure CD player which isn't that well known. You're also presuming that this unit hasn't been repaired with inferior components.
I just think that £495 buys a good new CD player or you could save your money and wait for the bargain to come along like I did.
Exposure is quite well-known, and well respected, but in the UK there are just a handful of dealers.

If CDs were my main format I would spend closer to 1k, but a new sub-£500 players will struggle to better my current Exposure 2010.

My first CDP was a Rotel RCD 975, great sounding for the price but had fragile transport and lasers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts