iFi Zen Blue ( Firmware update )

camcroft

Just an update I have given my 2 x Zen Blues the firmware update and have to say that without a doubt that the sound is a lot better than before and would recommend that if you have the opportunity to do the update you will not regret it but unfortunately its only available to Android devices at the moment. Keep up the good work iFi

PlastermanOG

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
How do you do this?
Go to
Select zen blue from the drop down menu and enter the device serial number.
The serial number is on the box or the back of the device, its a ten digit number.
This firmware has been available since January so not a recent update, if you haven't already updated it's definitely worth doing.
It makes the connection more stable and gives the option to turn off the led lights with a long press on the pair button.

Reactions: 12th Monkey
I think I'm being dim - having downloaded all of that, how do I get the app onto my phone? Do I just copy & paste the .apk and .bin files, and if so, to where?

Why don't the people who write these guides just do it from the basics?

EDIT: Looking further along the instructions there are other points where I don't know how to do what they are asking. Why not design a proper app? Frustrating.

Last edited:

camcroft

I think I'm being dim - having downloaded all of that, how do I get the app onto my phone? Do I just copy & paste the .apk and .bin files, and if so, to where?

Why don't the people who write these guides just do it from the basics?

EDIT: Looking further along the instructions there are other points where I don't know how to do what they are asking. Why not design a proper app? Frustrating.
Sorry I cant help lucky for me someone else did it for me otherwise I would have been in the same boat I hope that someone comes along to help.

PlastermanOG

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. It all feels a bit half-baked.
They use to have a tutorial on the website how to install the gaia control app, I take it that's now contained in the pdf file.
Ifi audio are pretty active in this thread on head-fi

Reactions: athegn1

camcroft

They use to have a tutorial on the website how to install the gaia control app, I take it that's now contained in the pdf file.
Ifi audio are pretty active in this thread on head-fi
Who did your update ?

PlastermanOG

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
Who did your update ?
I did, and it was a bit of a pain to start with but eventually I got it working.
It was a while ago so its not clear in my mind, I do remember that I couldn't find the apk file in my downloads because I expected it to be the first file in the list. It turned out it was well down the list of downloads.

Reactions: camcroft

camcroft

Go to
Select zen blue from the drop down menu and enter the device serial number.
The serial number is on the box or the back of the device, its a ten digit number.
This firmware has been available since January so not a recent update, if you haven't already updated it's definitely worth doing.
It makes the connection more stable and gives the option to turn off the led lights with a long press on the pair button.
I have just noticed on mine that after I have paired with the unit the light goes off completely and stays off while playing anything.

Last edited:

PlastermanOG

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
I have just noticed on mine that after I have paired with the unit the light goes off completely and stays off while playing anything.
That's what the firmware does, lights up to tell you what codec is being used and what the resolution is and then the led lights go off.
When you disconnect the blue/red led flashes for a couple of minutes then the led switches off.

Reactions: camcroft

rainsoothe

Thanks, so that’s DSP meaning digital signal processing, but not in sense of the equaliser function often labelled that way? I thought the processing was done by the hardware, which is why I’m puzzled. Or does the firmware change the frequency response!
Don't know where the change takes place, but it did in my case. Of course, some didn't hear it, some preferred the latest one, and some (myself included) rolled back to the previous version.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts