If money does not matter what would you buy ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Che1

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
Easy. A pair of custom IEMs and an imported flagship walkman (no EU volume limit) with Spotify Premium. Simple, portable, and would sound stunning. :dance:

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Che1 said:
Easy. A pair of custom IEMs and an imported flagship walkman (no EU volume limit) with Spotify Premium. Simple, portable, and would sound stunning. :dance:

For a year or 2 until your hearing goes.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My choice would be a pair of the most striking and beautiful speakers ever made IMO.

B&W Nautilus ( the snail shape ) in black metallic black paint with large silvery blue flecks so they looked like highly polished granite.

http://www.customcontrols.co.uk/brands/bowers-wilkins/b-w-nautilus.aspx

Driven by 8 x Electrocompaniet Nemo power amps with custom made granite fronts to match the speakers.

http://www.electrocompaniet.no/products/classic/poweramp/nemo.html

Controlled by an Electrocompaniet EC 4.8 Preamp

I would keep my existing Electrocompaniet EMC1UP Cd player because is is the best source of any type that I have ever heard .

All of this would be in a dedicated room that was professionally acoustically treated and then fine tuned by myself to suit me using the B&W active crossovers supplied with the speakers.

I would probably need a dedicated electrical sub station installed in the garden to supply enough current for the power amps :)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I found this, and I'll have whatever Guthrie's having :)

Did I ever mention I went to school with him? He was astonishing back then, his little brother, Seth, was in my class, good mate of mine, plays bass, I watched them play a mini-gig at school, Seth had a broken wrist but played with a cast and they were still unbelievable!

BenLaw said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi kungula

I would have the following two channel systems -

ATC SCM300 professional monitors, ATC SCM 0.1/15 professional subwoofers (x2), SCA2 pre amplifier, Chord Electronics Red Reference MK3 CDP, Chord Electronics DSX 1000 Network player,

. . . .

For an AV sound system -

Chord Electronics DSP8000 AV processor, ATC SCM300 professional monitors (x5), ATC SCM 0.1/15 professional subwoofers (x5)

Just the 5 C6s Rick?! :p

But yeah, what he said. Might have to look into cost-no-object AV processors but SCM300As (certainly for front 3 ;) ) and 0.1/15 subs, can't be bettered :)

Hi Ben

Yes, 5 C6/SCM0.1/15's :grin: as starters
smiley-tongue-out.gif

ATC multichannel active studio Super Soft Dome monitoring :twisted:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

matthewpiano

My view on this has changed and I probably wouldn't go that crazy to be honest. I'd probably look to have more of what I'm currently enjoying, so:

Roksan Caspian CD Player

NAD C390DD Integrated Amplifier

B&W PM1 Speakers

(This would, of course, be subject to a home demo to make sure it actually did give me more of the same)

Seriously, my system is so good now that I'd be very wary about changing anything without a lot of research and auditioning.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
That much money would mean a room full of records and Cd's.

And to play them

Technics 1210 mk2 record deck

Philips CD-880 Compact Disk Player

Marantz PM94 amplifier

Spendor 100R2 in Walnut loud speakers

All generic leads,

Plenty of parties

Very thick carpet

Plenty of drapes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts