If money does not matter what would you buy ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
source: Pathos Musiteca

amp: Pathos TT Anniversary or Inpol2, or DarTZeel CTH-8550 (I don't like pre/ power combos, I like my hi-fi neat and simple)

speakers: Analysis Audio Amphitryon or Omega (depending on room size), or Quad ESL 2905

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
On second thoughts, I'd buy a big yard, build a state of the art studio in it, hire the best engineers and producers and let all my favourite musicians record there for free ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Linn Klimax DS/1 + Conrad-Johnson GAT + MF AMS 100 + Sonus Faber Fenice + Cardas Clear I/C & Clear Beyond S/C

Now does anyone know where I can get a spare £150k (quite reasonable in the realms of highend)

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Personally I havent heard any of the true high end stuff, which is what I would want if money was genuinely no object.

Having said that, based on what I have heard, I think I might be happy (for a while at least!) with a Linn Klimax DS, Marantz UP9004, Bryston SP3, Electrocompaniet Nemo x7, Kef Reference 2007 x 7, with some high end projector and screen, in a dedicated room.

Must buy a lottery ticket lol

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
gregvet said:
Having said that, based on what I have heard, I think I might be happy (for a while at least!) with a Linn Klimax DS, Marantz UP9004, Bryston SP3, Electrocompaniet Nemo x7, Kef Reference 2007 x 7, with some high end projector and screen, in a dedicated room.

With that little lot, you'd need a dedicated concert hall!!

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
With that little lot, you'd need a dedicated concert hall!!

Well I quite like the idea of having Imaxx build me a screen in the 'cinema wing' :)

I'd have the amps n stuff in a separate room anyway. It would get too hot otherwise lol

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I'd purchase as many travel and event tickets as time (that other oft sought-after luxury) would allow. From tiny blues bars in Louisiana to grand open air concerts in Rome.

Of course, whilst at home I'd be sitting in a custom engineered box experiencing relatively lifelike stimulus.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd probably scrap everything except my Mac Mini (and my Thorens TD160 which rarely gets used anyway) and go for a high-end active set-up. I am really attracted by that path. If I could recuperate even just a small amount of the losses I've made in buying and trading-in HiFi over the years I could easily afford some ADM40s, which I'm absolutely itching to try but I'm too chicken because I can't afford them.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone remember the Vantage Vault, the most expensive TT in WHF's Price Guide back in the day? In fact has anyone seen one? If money was no object, I might try to hunt one of those down and buy it, for no particular reason other than the fact I'd then have one. Back in '86 when I first started buying WHF every month, it was £35,000! The mid-sized semi I lived in wasn't even worth that.

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Go British

Turntable: Oxford Crystal Reference ( if I could find one )

CD Player: Chord RED Standard

Pre Amp: Chord CPA8000

Power Amps: Chord SPM 14000MkII

Speakers: Wilson Benesch A.C.T. C60 Limited Edition

Subwoofer: Wilson Benesch Torus Infrasonic Generator

kungula said:
Rick@musicraft, I believe you made very good suggestions

Gryphon and Chord ........is music to my ears !

Are you selling those brands ?

Hi kungula

Thanks.

I don't deal with Krell and Gryphon. I just want to be clear that I have also mentioned Krell and Gryphon not because I am looking to get these in :shame: but rather because i feel that credit where credit is due :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Because some argued you need a concert hall to enjoy these High End suggestions,

here another suggestion for a medium sized room :

speakers : Wilson Audio Duette

Pream : Pass XP 20

Amp : Pass XA 30.5

Streamer : Naim NDX+ XPS

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
:) for a small room the choice of your speakers is more limited.

here my suggestion for a room 4x4 m

speakers: B $ W 805 diamond

ampli: Devialet D Premier

streamer : Linn Akurate DSM

CDP: Wadia 318 ti

headphone: Sennheiser HD 800

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Actually if money was truly no object I would build a concert hall and book my favourite artists to play there every day for the rest of my life.

I'd leave the speaker choice up to the pros

CustomCable

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If money was no object and it was my system I would purchase a Resonessence Invicta DAC, MF Titan and KEF Blades. :) Then i'd play Spice Girls on it. hehehe!

Regards

Phil

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
John Duncan said:
DocG said:
John Duncan said:
I'd get something from the Paul Reed Smith custom shop.

That's gorgious guitars they make there... Classy! :rockout: (and now which amp would you plug it into?)

Originally I'd have said Mesa Boogie Mark V, but on digging on youtube for examples, I found this, and I'll have whatever Guthrie's having :)

That's an effects-gizmo! You'll still need an amp (can't see Guthrie's on the YouTube)... But I like fractals, anyway.

As for the amp, for me it would definitely be a Soldano: the volume control goes up to 11! 8)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi kungula

I would have the following two channel systems -

ATC SCM300 professional monitors, ATC SCM 0.1/15 professional subwoofers (x2), SCA2 pre amplifier, Chord Electronics Red Reference MK3 CDP, Chord Electronics DSX 1000 Network player,

. . . .

For an AV sound system -

Chord Electronics DSP8000 AV processor, ATC SCM300 professional monitors (x5), ATC SCM 0.1/15 professional subwoofers (x5)

Just the 5 C6s Rick?! :p

But yeah, what he said. Might have to look into cost-no-object AV processors but SCM300As (certainly for front 3 ;) ) and 0.1/15 subs, can't be bettered :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts