I will delete this. Super quick question. Tape deck!! lol

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've had a Sony TCK-611S tape deck in storage for a while. Just rigged it up again..

Quick Q though, it's so long since I've heard/used a tape deck.

Should the little spindle thing, spin round continuously, on it/a tape deck, when it' switched on..

Mechanical whirring sound....Slight, but there...

I can even hear it going mental when it's playing music. It spins all the time..

Broken.? Worth it, possible to get repaired..

Tapes all over now really, but it wasn't cheap (for me at the time) and was a darned good 3 head deck at the time..

Time to get rid? I mean even CD players are on their way out now. All you need is an amp, speakers and a hard drive somewhere in the house!

A

Anonymous

its still possible to get em repaired but it really wouldnt be worth the cost unless you spent a lot of time using it. cheaper option would be to buy one of ebay - you can grab a very decent one for 15 quid at almost anytime.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ukdutypaid"]I mean even CD players are on their way out now. [/quote]

i think you are very wrong about that mate

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed.

Personally I love the sound of my Revox reel-to-reel tape of a Sunday morning. Or Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck. Or, of course, my turntable....

But then i''m listening to iTunes right now!

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

Indeed.

Personally I love the sound of my Revox reel-to-reel tape of a Sunday morning. Or Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck. Or, of course, my turntable....

But then i''m listening to iTunes right now!

[/quote]

Wow a B77. Out of interest What system have you got?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]But then i''m listening to iTunes right now![/quote]

Lovely to be managing editor, itunes at 10.38am :) oh may be it's you tea break!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I have headphones on as i'm working.
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

As for a follow up on another couple of comments there....

Reel to reel... Omg... yes they were always the preserve of the decadent in old films, from the 60's. Indicating modern, with it, young people with newly acquired high disposable incomes. .. Or ermmmm pervy people, recording others, or committing dastardly crimes.....Gangsters in UK films....

Oh come on you remember.....

Oooo they always got their comeupence, in the end though.. lol....

Yes thought the comment about all you need is an amp, speakers and a hard drive/streaming device, wouldn't go down well.

CD's? pah. Vinyl, tapes, CD's = clutter?

.... MP3s, or streamed audio... errrr why store them even.... amp (a sleek black box, with one tiny throbbing little light?), speakers.....

It's not there yet, trust me I'm looking...... Hifi stuff is soooooooo 1980's..... I mean ye gods top of the range receivers still "give it large" about DAB and RDS....

What I want is wifi streamed internet radio in. This on 11n as well, non of this 11b/g rubbish...plus bluetooth to the amp.... Gold interconnects?.... I'll have it as pure digital please...

Why oh why do I want wires to the speakers....!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts