I was too weak. I couldn't resist the HD 560S deal. Did any of you get them?

Might be interesting to find out where exactly this deal was, and whether or not it's still on going .
The OP isn't particularly forthcoming with detail really, quoting in dollars may be a hint but I doubt it.....
Rather a strange first post I feel and will be watching with interest.... :cool:

Gray

Might be interesting to find out where exactly this deal was, and whether or not it's still on going .
The OP isn't particularly forthcoming with detail really, quoting in dollars may be a hint but I doubt it.....
Rather a strange first post I feel and will be watching with interest.... :cool:
I'm guessing it was Direct from Sennheiser.
(My deal from them was 10% off of the new price...better than nothing - but I reckon his were a return - good price though).

I'm guessing it was Direct from Sennheiser.
(My deal from them was 10% off of the new price...better than nothing - but I reckon his were a return - good price though).
Perhaps the OP might come back to clarify rather than us guessing....
It's not common in for manufacturers themselves to issue deals especially those that none of use here appear to have seen.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Eveyone else is guessing and the OP hasn't returned I note.
I would like to know if this deal is still ongoing. That question remains unanswered.
If, as you say, everyone else understands perhaps someone could answer....

Reactions: Al ears and Gray

Gray

Yes, the model has sold like hot cakes.
(The initial demand really caught them out, couldn't make them fast enough, possibly explaining reports of loose driver- mount screws).

But they've got an uncoloured sound that many wouldn't like (though they can't say they weren't warned).
So I can believe that Sennheiser Direct would have plenty of returns to unload.

Reactions: Al ears

EvShrug

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
It was on the front page of Slickdeals. Sennheiser’s direct outlet store had them on sale for $99, and then I believe there was an additional 15% off coupon on Amazon. https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/761326

I was just listening to the HD 560S today and yesterday, it was like a breath of fresh air. I had been listening to another headphone lately, which would appeal to many people’s tastes because it offered a heavy, warm sound, but for my tastes going back to the HD 560S was like a stress was lifted and the more neutral, lighter sound was just a joy. I’m very happy that the HD 560S “Neutral” does not mean “clinical.”

Last edited:

EvShrug

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
Yes, the model has sold like hot cakes.
(The initial demand really caught them out, couldn't make them fast enough, possibly explaining reports of loose driver- mount screws).

But they've got an uncoloured sound that many wouldn't like (though they can't say they weren't warned).
So I can believe that Sennheiser Direct would have plenty of returns to unload.
I was working for Sennheiser as a contract community manager (I don’t anymore) when five people reported loose screws… five (after literally several thousand had been produced). Not to discredit them, but I recommended each of them to get them exchanged directly with Sennheiser, a few responded to my DM’s and public replies, and only one of them agreed to use the warranty and get a free exchange so Sennheiser could test for problems. Sennheiser’s lab technicians couldn’t replicate the issue with samples pulled from the production line – over tightening the screws even to the point of stripping the screws didn’t reproduce bass rattle. The assembly line uses ratcheted screw drivers calibrated to precisely screw to a fraction of a Newton, taking human error out of the equation.

Most likely, the sound rattle was from a hair or something, which was the case for the one Sennheiser received for exchange, and I am convinced that audio nervousa and the rumors had caused several of these customers to damage their headphones by over tightening screws. This was a case of a rumor that did more harm as it spread.

Reactions: WayneKerr and Gray

EvShrug

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
Yes I remember correspondence between you and some worryers on Head-fi.
(I think some of them enjoyed listening to high level test tones rather than music :unsure:).
Well, I don’t think they had ill intentions, and I learned a lot about the struggles of the guy who got the exchange (I tried to be his friend for a few months on my private discord, before we parted ways; we’re all hobbyists with a shared passion, right?), but he was highly susceptible to the powers of suggestion. I felt he needed a friend and a confidence boost during a time of struggle for himself, not someone to try and sell him on more stuff. We even played some StarCraft II and talked about Dune!

But back to the headphone, there’s a reason Sennheiser confidently put a 2 year warranty on them; I believe the refurbs get a warranty too.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS