I bought the Sennheiser HD 560S

Dom

I went travelling around Brighton and Hove for a set of headphones. Currys was more then useless and some on display were broken.
So I took the bus back home and passed Sevenoaks, so I jumped off the bus and went in and I came out with the Sennheiser HD 560S, £155 ex demo.

Absolutely amazing sound quality. :love: The only problem now, the cable is 3m long!! So I bought 1.2m replacement cable from amazon. Happy days.

Dom

Oh wow, you have them as well. :cool: You have a decent collection of cables my friend. :giggle:

My amp doesn't come with a headphone jack so it will be primarily used with the Samsung A12 mobile. A cheap phone with surprising audio quality, better than the Huawei P30.

Anyway thanks for replying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray

Gray

I thought cables and leads didn't make a difference ;)
The cables themselves make absolutely no difference whatsoever to the sound (wouldn't expect anything else on that score) 👍

However, there's a 1.8 metre difference in length between Sennheiser's supplied cable and the 1.2 m shorter ones.
Then there's the balanced connectors....those two aspects make differences that anybody can appreciate 😉.

camcroft

The cables themselves make absolutely no difference whatsoever to the sound (wouldn't expect anything else on that score) 👍

However, there's a 1.8 metre difference in length between Sennheiser's supplied cable and the 1.2 m shorter ones.
Then there's the balanced connectors....those two aspects make differences that anybody can appreciate 😉.
It's all in your mind.Keep taking the tablets.;)

Dom

Well my new cable arrived. Its a Geekria 1.2m cable, and although I think it isn't as balanced it makes me groove to the beat.

Its a case of all in the mind?

Last edited:

Dom

That would explain a genuine difference to the sound Dom 😉
At first I didn't like the sound then I tried again and it sounded better then I pushed it in harder and it clicked. Sounded great then.

The Geekria is a great looking cable, its as posh as the cable that comes with the headphones and it comes with a little plastic baggy and a leather clip belt for packing away. The words on the bag say Geekria, Headphones accessory expert.

1 reviewer at Amazon said it doesn't sound as good as the original, I'm guessing they didn't plug it in properly because everyone else said they couldn't tell the difference.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS