I NEED SETTINGS FOR 3D ON PANASONIC TXP50GT60

gazman3510

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi can anyone out there give me some settings for 3D on this TV

I have managed to tweak my normal picture thanks to another forum on another site and it looks pretty good

But 3D seems kind of dark .

Ithanks in advance

Gaz

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
What panel luminance setting are you using? "High" is a bad move with 2D content, but works much better with 3D.

When my VT65 was being calibrated for 3D, light output readings were exactly the same using the "MIn" and "Mid" panel luminance settings. In other words, nothing was gained switching from "Min" to "Mid." Images were notably brighter after selecting "High."

Have you tried using AVS or THX test patterns to set brightness in 3D mode? The VT65 crushes blacks quite a lot at the default ("0") setting. The same may be true of the GT60. For what it's worth, brightness is set to +6 in 3D mode after calibration; and that's using the 3D3 glasses, which allow more light through than the Panasonic glasses.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Detailed settings won't help, especially since my (different) television was calibrated through 3D3 rather than Panasonic glasses. (The 3D3s have a very different tint from the Panasonic glasses and allow more light through the lenses.)

The same is true of EllisDJ. Even if we'd calibrated using the Panasonic glasses, copying settings would likely do more harm than good.

The best you can do without professional calibration is to set brightness and contrast using AVS test patterns. (Of course you'll need to make adjustments by engaging 2D-to-3D conversion and viewing through the 3D glasses.)

If you don't have the AVS patterns, they can be downloaded here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration

Simply copy the basic patterns to USB and access via the TV's media player function. Setting brightness up correctly will make quite a difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts