I need advice!

LouisK

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys hope you're all okay!

So my issue is I have no idea what I need to get to have a good experience. Its my birthdays soon and id like to get something to play my music on, since ive become really into music in the last to years I want something that sounds a good as possible for the cash. Ive spent all my years with my headset which is excellent but I want something a little...louder if you catch my drift.

So I really enjoy all sorts of music but as a typical teenager something I care about a LOT is bass, I cant get enough of it, so if there is a product out there tht provides that it would be great if you could reccomend me something. I would like to either have them running off my PC or via bluetooth.

I have no idea if I need a hifi or a surround system! My budget is around £100-150 but could best pushed and extra 30 if im lucky! Any advice is greatly appretiated, thanks!

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Bass.....

No matter which way you cut it you'll need more than £180 to get it.

Look at the 2nd hand market - ebay and the like see what vintage kit is available that delivered all you desired from back in the day.

Old musical receivers with digital inputs and Old speakers with big woofers 8inch plus that delved deep.

Then Google and pray you get a decent purchase.

Outside of that save, do without till you accumulate enough to ask this question again..... :)

SteveR750

Are you playing music from a computer or phone? If search Amazon for some deals on logitech pc speakers and subwoofer, for around £80 you'll get something loud enough to annoy people within a several room radius. Your budget would be challenged if you wanted to buy some more serious sounding separates, that probably wouldn't have the bass you crave.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
LouisK said:
So within that budget what will give me the best? Thats what im asking :)

Ok....

Well a quick search around eBay will get you a Yamaha dsp ax-620 a 5 channel av receiver that I'd vouch for regards it's stereo performance. (other options are available)

No USB or HDMI. But it has coax and optical in and sounds solid in stereo yours for 50quid.

Also spotted some KEF IQ5's in auction currently at £105 but there are older higher end options that are cheaper.

You sort out the cabling.

Its a good starter system imo for £150ish pounds.

That's just an idea of what can be found with not much digging.

Chances are any advice you get here will be way out of budget.....

But..... there you go.

matthewpiano

Best thing I could recommend within your budget would be to pick up a 2nd hand NAD C320BEE for around £100 and then look for a pair of B&W DM302 speakers which you should be able to get for about £50 if you are patient. The NAD sound has plenty of heft at the bottom end, and those B&Ws, although budget speakers even when new, could pack a surprising punch. If you can't find the B&Ws, Mordaunt-Short 902i were also bassy - too much so for me, but pretty impressive for the sort of money you could pick up a 2nd hand pair these days and they'd match well with a NAD amp too in terms of what you are looking for.

LouisK

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys this is really helpful. Yes im looking for something to either have in my PC or that can be connected to my phone, either is good. Im not looking for anything as complex as some of your suggestions though! Something with everything I need in one box is ideal, maybe like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-DH4430P-Channel-Cinema-System-Black/dp/B00FE83AO6/ref=pd_sim_23_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0VD1Z84WFAHDFN3GM3P1&dpSrc="sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts