I need a sanity check please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
3rd attempt....... I am about to purchase the following and would appreciate some help/advice on cabling choice and optimum connection set up. Sony KDL40V3000 - open to suggestions in same budget for the LCD Sony DAV IS10 Sony PS3 Sky HD Box Intend to wall mount LCD and need a '3yr old proof' housing/rack for the rest. Is it also worth upgrading cable from dish to box? many thanks

A

Anonymous

emotion-4.gif
......Backs slowly out of the room.

A

Anonymous

Sanity, not sure that exist where I come from. But will try to help.

TV is probably a good choice, someone will disagree if need be. Sony home cinema has had some good reveiws, if you can ignore the size of the sub woofer (it is huge). PS3, needs no comments, I think. Sky, if you must (not for me). Cables always need upgrading if you look around the site and the magazine. My 3 year old is not a problem with our stuff, she is quite happy to change the DVD and press the play button, but if you want it kept away from small fingers, then it is going to be a cabinet with doors on (whole new can of worms opens up)

A

Anonymous

Many thanks - I must confess I have browsed mag and site on connectivity, but I glaze over! I am looking for a noddy guide that says connect this to that with cable type/make x. Any thoughts on cabinets with doors - without the worms?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, you've got three HDMI sources there and, fortunately, the Sony has three HDMI inputs (although one is on the side). Personally though, I wouldn't bother replacing the HDMI cable from the Sony DAV IS10 to the TV as I don't think the upscaling DVD player in it will be as good as the PS3. Just use any old cheap cable to set the thing up. So, you'll need 2 HDMI cables (one from PS3, other from Sky HD) to the TV and also two optical cables (again, from PS3 and Sky HD) to the DAV-IS10 for sound. The issue is, your amp only has one optical in, so you'll need a splitter (like this one) if you don't want to be unplugging and plugging in cables when changing between the two.

For the cables, I'd use the QED Qunex HDMI-P for the two HDMI cables and the QED Performance Optical cable. I'm sure someone will along presently though to say this is a waste of money. At the end of the day, up to you!

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Why thank you professor hat, much appreciated. Any thoughts on the cable from dish to skyhd box - 6m run!!
For the speaker mounts - wall or floorstand? - worried that wall mount will look lost in space

TRENDING THREADS