Novice still needs help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I posted the following request last night but appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

If anybody could spare a couple of minutes to consider it, I would be most grateful.

"Sorry if at all seems a bit simple to you experts, but just spoilt myself and bought a Sony Bravia LCD TV (46V400) and Sony DAV F200 Home Theatre System. I presume a HDMI connection between both provides the best possible video and audio quality?

I also have a Sky+ box I want to integrate. Do I need a separate audio connection (optical cable?) between the Sky+ box and the Home Theatre system or is this unnecessary? Any assistance would be welcomed. Cheers "

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sorry for lack of earlier reply - we all have to sleep sometime!
emotion-20.gif

Yes, the HDMI connection will give the best picture quality.

And yes, you'll need an optical digital cable into the Sony from the Sky+ box if you want to hear the sound from it through the system.

daveh75

murgatroyd:

I posted the following request last night but appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

If anybody could spare a couple of minutes to consider it, I would be most grateful.

"Sorry if at all seems a bit simple to you experts, but just spoilt myself and bought a Sony Bravia LCD TV (46V400) and Sony DAV F200 Home Theatre System. I presume a HDMI connection between both provides the best possible video and audio quality?

I also have a Sky+ box I want to integrate. Do I need a separate audio connection (optical cable?) between the Sky+ box and the Home Theatre system or is this unnecessary? Any assistance would be welcomed. Cheers "
yes to the first question, and yes you need to use an optical for the sky also if you want 5.1 sound as sky only outputs stereo via hdmi

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts