I like this guy

Lilitti

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Is it so important to plug the amp to a wall socket without other stuff (i.e. extension with PC, TV, etc. connected)? Does it matter only for tube amps or also for solid state?
Thanks

EDIT: I just tried and the sound seems cleaner, instruments more separated, better soundstage. I am lost to the audiophile fever.

Last edited:
Probably not. I have two extention sockets coming from a twin output mains socket, one is for my hifi and the other for TV / sky box / blu ray player.
No difference if plug my CD player into the AV extention.
however, in my old system, the power amp had its own socket

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilitti
D

Deleted member 116933

Is it so important to plug the amp to a wall socket without other stuff (i.e. extension with PC, TV, etc. connected)? Does it matter only for tube amps or also for solid state?
Thanks

EDIT: I just tried and the sound seems cleaner, instruments more separated, better soundstage. I am lost to the audiophile fever.

What you might be noticing is that your amp is now receiving the power it needs, if you had all your other gizmos plugged into the same block it would have been a bit bottlenecked power-wise especially if it's very high power and or you listen at high volumes.

But you're not alone in your findings my suggy draw a lot of current from the wall and certainly sounds better plugged straight in as did my Naim stack before that. My stuff is now on a dedicated circuit and is the best upgrade i ever made.

Reactions: Lilitti

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts