I inherited an old skool system, Quad, ERA, Sony digi tape, BandW speakers what do I do with it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
An old friend has recently left me an amazing sound system he owned. I dont really have the space for it but having done some basic research I am under the impression that it really is something special. I cant keep it but have no idea of its value and who to go to to sell it. I would really appreciate some advice from you experts please.

The whole thing is in excellent condition. All the seperates are unblemished and in full working order. I have the boxes for most of the Quad stuff and all asociated remote controls. The bottom of the speaker boxes ahve lost a little of their colour but nothing offensive at all.

The system comprises:

A pair of B and W matrix 3 floor standing speakers. Cones are perfect.

A Quad 606 amp

A Quad 66 pre-amp (with remote missing one dial)

A Quad 66 Tuner

A Quad 67 CD player (with remote)

A ERA mk6 turntable with SME Series 3 arm and SME 30H needle?

A Sony DAT digital tape recorder model DTC 55ES (with remote)

Any advice you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Martin

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
well my advice would be to enjoy your music collection on what sounds like a nicely balanced system, your friend obviously had good taste
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

If you really can't keep it, I'd split it up and sell each component on eBay. The 606 power amp alone will probably exceed £300 and the Cdp should manage the same.

A

Anonymous

If its all working then I would be tempted to keep it and use it. It hasnt cost you anything so whatever use you get out of it is all a freebee. Is there a good enough reason why you say you can't keep it, if not just enjoy....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts