I have a problem.....

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I got home tonight and put on a cd and only sound from my left speaker was audible. I tried changing cables over and I then got sound from the left but not the right. It seems that my right speaker cable socket is not working. Very strange as I've only had the amp for a couple of months. Anyone know a reason for this? Connections are banana plugs on X tube cable.

A

Anonymous

Um... sounds like your amp is bust. Presumably it's under warranty, so take it back and get a replacement / repair.
(Fantastic source of expert advise, these forums...) By the way, you have checked that your CD player is outputting on both channels, right?

A

Anonymous

Yeah, it really is a pain when new stuff breaks. I should know, I've gone through 7 XBOX 360s this year.

A

Anonymous

7 xbox's! you have had the dreaded ring of death then, i was thinking about buying one next week, were microsoft cool about replaceing your machines!

A

Anonymous

Actually only one of the 7 had the classic red ring of death. The others suffered from (in no particular order)...
*no AV output after power up
*disk scratching
*Repeated "Disk unreadable" messages (which I'm also getting with current unit, although only once per session

I bought it from Game, who have been absolutely brilliant and swapped it over for a new unit immediately each time. When I hit my fifth unit after about 5 months, they actually tore up the old receipt and gave me a new one, i.e. another 12 month warranty. However, I've also now taken out Game's own extended 3 year warranty, which is cheaper than Microsoft's, and covers everything, including accidental damage.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Er, get a Wii. None of this Microsoft boll*cks. Rubbish computer software, rubbish company. Wrong in every way.[/quote]
Hmm, the plethora of quality titles for the Wii has indeed made me question my original purchase. Seriously though, I live 5 minutes walk from my local store, and as long as they're willing to replace my 'box every time it breaks, what do I care? Next time I'll probably end up with the HDMI out model :)
Sorry about the thread hijack Gerrard, hope you get as good customer service from Superfi.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Just call me thick! All is good again. Chris Martin just sang from both speakers! I must have knocked the interconnect from cd to amp and the cable was a little loose. Ah, good to be back! The embarrassing thing was I had earlier changed hdmi cables from tv to Sky and the missus was asking me if that could have contributed. Obviously I scolded her for being silly but it would have been then I jogged the cables - so in fact she was right!!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Stevie G has a plasma in every room, it was on that TV programme, plasma in the bathroom etc

probably has a Matsui micro system tho, where he can listen to Phil Collins

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]All is good again. Chris Martin just sang from both speakers! [/quote]

Umm, does anyone else feel sceptical about this?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tractorboy"][quote user="Gerrardasnails"]All is good again. Chris Martin just sang from both speakers! [/quote]

Umm, does anyone else feel sceptical about this?[/quote]

Chris Martin would never fit in my new ProAcs, Tom Cruise might just get in there if he crouched mind...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The HQ for the Church of Scientology used to be opposite my work and I'm sure I say him standing in one of Katie Holmes' pockets handing out lifesize A5 leaflets one day

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts