I Am Dismayed!

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Am getting a bit fed up with all the talk about tennis and silly people talking on these forums in text speak! Thought this was the preserve of true audiophiles etc. Who wanted sound advice on there passionate pastime?

Not to be insulted when asking for good advice and guidance. Have been insulted in the past, when seeking advice from people about upgrading my interconnects (Try ebay!)

Was going to ask opinion on speaker upgrades. Maybe i am just too old now! Cant keep up with the witisisims?

Maybe the speakers i am looking for are somewhere on the moon?

Time to move on then? Another forum with true, like minded people.

Oh and there is a big difference between interconnects! Both anulogue, and digital. Trust me!

Pigeons and cats come to mind!

Thanks for reading.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
By the way,if I could offer advice I would,but those of us with very limited knowledge tend to keep quiet.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
sogophonio11 said:
See my point! Cno evil!

If you've followed my posts on here, you will have noticed that I've have taken a certain amount of flack for my views on cables and isolation. There will always be people who support your POV, so don't let the dogmatic approach of some, chase you away.

Cno

scene

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience here. Most times I've found people very helpful, and I've endeavoured to return the compliment. There are rogue posts and posters, but no more, and probably less than I've found on other similar forums.

You might want to give it another go.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
We can't all be experts on every piece of equipment out there. For what it's worth though, I don't recall seeing anyone using text speak here. Equally most people here would consider the term "audiophile" to be something of an insult, bringing to mind people listening with only one sock on and so forth. You sure you haven't mistaken us for somewhere else?

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
We can't all be experts on every piece of equipment out there. For what it's worth though, I don't recall seeing anyone using text speak here. Equally most people here would consider the term "audiophile" to be something of an insult, bringing to mind people listening with only one sock on and so forth. You sure you haven't mistaken us for somewhere else?

smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Shame to hear that, having just joined.
smiley-frown.gif

I would hope mods would remove any text speak and insulting posts.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I have been on this forum for a while now and I havn't noticed any text speak and most of the people who post here give an honest apinion with a little humour

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
toyota man said:
I have been on this forum for a while now and I havn't noticed any text speak and most of the people who post here give an honest apinion with a little humour

What about all these?... IMHO, IMO, IME, YMMV, SWMBO, WAF, IIRC, OMG etc.

I notice them here frequently and even use a few of them sometimes.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
toyota man said:

What about all these?... IMHO, IMO, IME, YMMV, SWMBO, WAF, IIRC, OMG etc.

I notice them here frequently and even use a few of them sometimes.

To my knowledge only OMG is text speak (and I'm not even sure about that one), the rest of them pre-date the WWW, never mind texting. They're just shorthand for commonly used phrases, text speak is leaving out all the vowels and using numbers instead of words.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts