I Am Dismayed!

sogophonio11

New member
Jun 23, 2011
44
0
0
Yeah. Am getting a bit fed up with all the talk about tennis and silly people talking on these forums in text speak! Thought this was the preserve of true audiophiles etc. Who wanted sound advice on there passionate pastime?

Not to be insulted when asking for good advice and guidance. Have been insulted in the past, when seeking advice from people about upgrading my interconnects (Try ebay!)

Was going to ask opinion on speaker upgrades. Maybe i am just too old now! Cant keep up with the witisisims?

Maybe the speakers i am looking for are somewhere on the moon?

Time to move on then? Another forum with true, like minded people.

Oh and there is a big difference between interconnects! Both anulogue, and digital. Trust me!

Pigeons and cats come to mind!

Thanks for reading.
 

GSB

New member
Mar 27, 2011
282
0
0
Who has been answering your posts,surely not the regulars....think they live for this!!
 

GSB

New member
Mar 27, 2011
282
0
0
By the way,if I could offer advice I would,but those of us with very limited knowledge tend to keep quiet.
 

CnoEvil

New member
Aug 21, 2009
556
8
0
sogophonio11 said:
See my point! Cno evil!
If you've followed my posts on here, you will have noticed that I've have taken a certain amount of flack for my views on cables and isolation. There will always be people who support your POV, so don't let the dogmatic approach of some, chase you away.

Cno
 

scene

Moderator
Sep 25, 2008
784
181
19,070
Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience here. Most times I've found people very helpful, and I've endeavoured to return the compliment. There are rogue posts and posters, but no more, and probably less than I've found on other similar forums.

You might want to give it another go.
 

GSB

New member
Mar 27, 2011
282
0
0
All I can say is that the guys and girls on here have been very patient with me,offering great advice.
 

The_Lhc

New member
Oct 16, 2008
1,175
1
0
We can't all be experts on every piece of equipment out there. For what it's worth though, I don't recall seeing anyone using text speak here. Equally most people here would consider the term "audiophile" to be something of an insult, bringing to mind people listening with only one sock on and so forth. You sure you haven't mistaken us for somewhere else?
 
D

Deleted member 2457

Guest
The_Lhc said:
We can't all be experts on every piece of equipment out there. For what it's worth though, I don't recall seeing anyone using text speak here. Equally most people here would consider the term "audiophile" to be something of an insult, bringing to mind people listening with only one sock on and so forth. You sure you haven't mistaken us for somewhere else?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Shame to hear that, having just joined.

I would hope mods would remove any text speak and insulting posts.
 

toyota man

New member
Apr 22, 2009
79
0
0
I have been on this forum for a while now and I havn't noticed any text speak and most of the people who post here give an honest apinion with a little humour
 

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,245
11
19,195
toyota man said:
I have been on this forum for a while now and I havn't noticed any text speak and most of the people who post here give an honest apinion with a little humour
What about all these?... IMHO, IMO, IME, YMMV, SWMBO, WAF, IIRC, OMG etc.

I notice them here frequently and even use a few of them sometimes.
 

The_Lhc

New member
Oct 16, 2008
1,175
1
0
chebby said:
toyota man said:
I have been on this forum for a while now and I havn't noticed any text speak and most of the people who post here give an honest apinion with a little humour
What about all these?... IMHO, IMO, IME, YMMV, SWMBO, WAF, IIRC, OMG etc.

I notice them here frequently and even use a few of them sometimes.
To my knowledge only OMG is text speak (and I'm not even sure about that one), the rest of them pre-date the WWW, never mind texting. They're just shorthand for commonly used phrases, text speak is leaving out all the vowels and using numbers instead of words.
 

simonlewis

New member
Apr 15, 2008
590
1
0
GSB said:
Omg...only know three of them :O?...including omg
Don't panic use google,

for eg. type "omg meaning" into the google search bar & 99.9% of the time you will get a list of the answers.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts