Humax PVR to Bose Lifestyle audio interconnects

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my "cheap and nasty" freebie audio interconnect that link my Humax 9200T PVR to a Bose Lifestyle 8 home cinema system. I'm not looking to spend mega bucks to start with (up to £50'ish). I'm quite happy to start with something second hand from Ebay even. Initially I'm looking at Chord Crimson, Van den Hul "The name", Atlas Equator or QED silver spiral (all well rated by WHF).

Has anyone got any experience with these and what would you recommend to carry audio from a PVR to a home cinema system? Is something like the VDH "The name" a bit of an overkill for this level/quality of system and, if so, would something like the QED Qunex 1 or 2 be just as suitable?

Any advice appreciated,

Sam

A

Anonymous

John,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is a pity that the Bose only has digital co-ax in. If it had optical in as well I would be laughing as I could use this for the Humax. As it is, I'm using the digital co-ax input for audio from my DVD player at the moment anyway.

Ebay does seem to be a reasonable approach at the moment as I'm pondering on buying 2 or 3 different cables, carrying out a back to back and then putting the ones I don't want back on there again for the same price as I bought them for.

Sam

A

Anonymous

With regards to the last post, I have my first set of condenders: Van Den Hul "the Name", bought for £20 on Ebay from a seller with 100% rating and is shifting lots of his old kit to make way for new. For £20 you can't go wrong IMO. Even if I don't like the sound I should still be able to get £20 back for them. For my next condenders, I'm trying to get some Chord Crimsons.

Sam

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There's always this...

qn18.jpg

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

thanks very much for the link. This could be the ideal solution for my system. My only concern is that my Bose lifestyle system only has one digital co-ax input (which currently has my DVD player plugged into it) so I would have to fit some kind of splitter to accept both the DVD and Humax as inputs. By fitting a splitter do you think this would degrade the digital co-ax audio quality at all or would it still be well worth doing compared to using anologue interconnects (even if they are a reasonable quality cable)? Maybe a question for a new thread?

Thanks again,
Sam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts