Humax Foxsat 320 PVR Questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi , I've got one of these and have had it for some time and are very pleased with it but ive just noticed/tried a couple of things which I cannot get to work and wondered if anyone could help:

1.If i rewind live TV and then play it the picture always comes back with subtitles for the dialogue and i can't get rid of them? I'd rather watch the prog without them !

2. I'm just trying to transfer prog's which I have recorded from the hard drive onto a USB stick (they are not in HD), I follow the instructions (I think) in the manual but it doesn't appear to work anyone know the steps? I'm putting the USB stick in the front, going into file manager but copy option never lights up to select?

Help would be much appreciated, many thanks, Paul.

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
fishynix12:
Hi , I've got one of these and have had it for some time and are very pleased with it but ive just noticed/tried a couple of things which I cannot get to work and wondered if anyone could help:

1.If i rewind live TV and then play it the picture always comes back with subtitles for the dialogue and i can't get rid of them? I'd rather watch the prog without them !

2. I'm just trying to transfer prog's which I have recorded from the hard drive onto a USB stick (they are not in HD), I follow the instructions (I think) in the manual but it doesn't appear to work anyone know the steps? I'm putting the USB stick in the front, going into file manager but copy option never lights up to select?

Help would be much appreciated, many thanks, Paul.

1. This is a bug and is supposed to be fixed in the next update (whenever this is)

2. HD recordings can be tranfered but its pointless as they are encrypted and can only be played back on the original box, you can't even play them back on another Foxsat as the serial number is part of the encryption.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your quick reply. What a downer, I thought you would be able to put progs onto a usb drive and then a laptop so you could watch em elsewhere etc? As you say pretty pointless then really apart fron freeing up some space on the hard drive if required. How do you do this anyway, anyone know? Thanks Paul.

daveh75

lduck:

2. HD recordings can be tranfered but its pointless as they are encrypted and can only be played back on the original box, you can't even play them back on another Foxsat as the serial number is part of the encryption.

BBC 1 HD doesn't currently use/set copy protection so can be transfered/played back on a another device.

Also if you put the box in 'non-freesat' mode, and reboot, it disables the copyright flag on BBC HD and again you can transfer/playback on another device.Though obviously it's not the most practical solution to use the HDR in non freesat mode.

blahde2

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I also have the subtitles thingy pop up, if you push the info button its much less annoying but you get the info bar along the bottom of the screen instead of the subtitles.Im happy to put with the info bar until the update arrives.

As for copying to a USB stick or hard drive, if its formatted correctly (FAT i believe works) you will find you can only copy progs under 4GB in size. Unfortunately this takes alot of HD progs & normal SD movies over that bracket. Such is life....

As for your copying issue, read closely:

1. When you press opt+ to get to file manager, move the highlighted bar across to the right hand side (your USB stick) & sellect the file you want to save the recordings in ie; "Telly series" etc (create this folder on your computer first a the process on the box is very slow going) This will open to show no files if its a new folder or if not, what is in there already.

2. Once that file has opened go back across to the left hand side of the screen & find the recordings you want to copy. Once thats done, you need to press the yellow button to get into edit mode. Once there, select the recordings & press the green "COPY" button. You cannot copy folders, only their contents. I find that if its a short 30min tv show & you have lots of them, open the folder then select them all at once by ticking their boxes before pushing copy. If its a couple of movies, try selecting 2 at a time as if one is over the 4GB size, it wont let you copy any of them. I mostly do movies & some HD content one at a time. Slow and annoying, but it gets done. If you find that the five movies you have selected will copy, then make sure your on the TV channel you want to watch for the next 4 hours as all functions bar the channel you are watching become inoperatative.To change channel, you have to cancel, & that can mean loosing the last four hours worth of copying.Your files will still be there so you can start again, but its tedious going.Try doing it through the night as then ther are no recording issues or watching issues.

As for not being able to play the recordings on any other device, thats tosh. You can play them on your PC & laptop using VLC player which is readily downloadable from www.download.com but like the other fella said, you cant copy everything, some things are protected.

There is even a mobile version so you might be able to watch them on your phone away from home. Not sure if it'l work as I dont have a phone that'll play video files so dont really care.

Hope that helps Paul

Have fun playing with it, it took me a couple of weeks to get used to it.

John boy

blahde2

May 8, 2009
Visit site
PS, just noticed he mentioned not being able to play HD recordings, havent tried that yet so he maybe right.

SD recordings will play using VLC player.

Sorry for the slightly off information.....my bad

A

Anonymous

Thanks to all of you who have replied, I shall put this advice into practice and give it a try, thanks Paul.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts