admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all I'm new to the forum and hoping one of you can help. I have
recently got an HTIS100 and on the whole I am very happy with it. I
just have a couple of issues which I can't get to the bottom of. I am
sure they must be solvable just not sure how. The main issue I have is
that I have my Wii connected via component to the HTIS100 and can get
sound but can't get any picture through to my Samsung UE40B7020 which is connected to the HTIS100 via HDMI. Any ideas anyone? I also have a BDP
S550 connected which works without any problems (HDMI to HTIS100). My Sky+ box is
connected via Scart to the TV and optical to the HTIS100 and does cause
a few problems. If I select Sat on the HTIS100 I don't seem to get any
audio unless it is full 5.1 output (even then there seems to be a
slight delay) I am less worried by this is I suspect it may be a
feature of either the Sky box or the optical cable which I will replace
when my SKY HD box arrives. But again any suggestions would be much
appreciated.

A

Anonymous

The component cable you're using to connect the Wii to your equipment is only transferring a video signal. I'm not too sure on Wii connectivity but you'll definitely need an audio cable of some variety.

A

Anonymous

Hi John, If you are using component you should have a red/white split from the green/blue/red (i think) and those red/white if you have an AUX at the back in to that and then select AUX from the sony menu? Or you could just go straight into the tv with the Wii - and play the sound via the 7020? - I do and it sounds great as it is, although I will do the same as you when I get my HTI-S100... So if you do figure it out let us knowÿ
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

ARGH WHF what is with you today...

John, just looked at a screenshot on the web - if you connect the red/white in to the Video area under the yellow 'video in' that should work? select AUX or Vidoe from the menu?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice James. I have done some messing around tonight and have now got it all working. I have to admit my problems were all largely due to user error. I now have the Wii working through the HTIS100 I have the picture coming through on the DVD channel and have re-assigned the audio channel through the menu on the HTIS100. It took a while for the picture to come through - I just had a fuzzy screen for a couple of minutes then it popped up and it works every time now. Also managed to sort out my Sky+ problems by rebooting the Sky+ box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts