How to improve audio set to level up ?

MaCrek

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
I would like to improve my audio set to level up.
I have:
2x wharfedale diamond 10.5,
1x wharfedale diamon 10.CM and
2x wharfedale diamon 10.1.
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-3063
Last year I've added WD center and difference was considerable, I also heard it as an audio amater.
I thought about the exchange of WD diamond 10.1 for something smaller. I suppose that they are to big for surround speakers.
It would also be good to replace AV receiver.
I thought for a moment about the exchange of whole set ie. to Klipsch (even they have another sound as WD).
As you can see, I'm little bit confused.
Could you please point me to the right direction so that the difference in quality will be significant ?

Thanks,

Marek

MaCrek

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
Some more information about my setup:
- room is 6x5m
- sofa (listener) is about 4,5m from TV
- space between front speakers is about 4,5m
- I listen to music more often than I watch movies - so priority is music

D

Deleted member 116933

Merry Christmas!

firstly I assume you’ve done all the free things like optimising speaker position and youve run any eq you might have and set all your measurements distances and so on.

MaCrek

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
Evo 4.2 looks great, but this year I don't have budget to change everything. Which AV receiver would you recommend me under 1000usd/eur.

MaCrek

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
If I would like to stay in yamaha AV Receiver ? (because of nice compatibility with Wharfedale speakers).
Which one would you recommend ?
I'm thinking of RX-S602, because I would really appreciate slim design.
Or would be better to cut my cabinet and buy RX-A680 ? or even bigger one ? (is it worth to pay more and buy RX-A880 ?)

Or Denon AVC-X3700H and Sony STR-DN1080 are on so another level, that you recommend one of them instead of Yamaha ?

I suppose, that I don't utilize all newest cinema standards. So my priority is still same (as I wrote in my first post). I would like to change my setup to improve quality to level up.

I know, that each of this receivers has different feeling and is strictly about personal preferences.
But I would like to know exactly this view. Your point of view and your personal preferences.

Currently in my list are:
- Yamaha RX-S602
- Yamaha RX-A680
- Yamaha RX-A880
- Sony STR-DN1080
- Denon AVC-X3700H

MaCrek

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
aaaa... choosing is even complicated with marantz slim models... but they output power is 55w/ch only.
I think, I have to look at it systematically, so I put some thoughts (priorities) here:
- sound "compatibility" with wharfedale speakers - want to grab as much as I can from WD diamond 10.5
- slim model - I can give up this request, but I will need to cut my cabinet off
- what hifi "best home cinema amplifiers 2020"

When I'm going to invest 1000Eur, I need to hear that difference :)

MaCrek

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
OK, after no relevant comments in my actual decision list are:
- Yamaha RX-A680
- Denon AVR-X2700H - not sure, how will be sound compatible with WD speakers
- Marantz NR1711 - not sure, if it will have enough power for WD Diamon 10.5

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts