How to get HD surround sound?

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi, i have no idea when it comes to sound. Last decemeber i bought Full HD tv and sony blu ray player. I then bought a 2.1 sony all in 1 sound system. Now the base is superb, but when i bought it i didnt know i needed to sound system to have an HD input to be able to get HD sound. Now heres my question, i want to update my system to 5.1 and so i have full HD sound. Where do i start? Do i have to buy an amp with HD inputs, plus seperate speakers, plus a sub. I dont really know where to start.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
start with an a/v receiver that can decode the latest hd soundtracks, dts master and dolby true hd.

budget jobs are the onkyo tx-sr507, sony str-dh 800, next step up would be the denon avr 1910.

to get the new hd sound tracks you need to connect your blu ray player to the av receiver with a hdmi cable, then a second hdmi cable from the av receiver takes the picture to your tv.

then add a 5.1 speaker system, if your on a budget the tannoy sfx 5.1 is good value at about £200. 5 satellite speakers plus a compact sub. if you shop around the onkyo and tannoy should come in at about £450...

A

Anonymous

Davro83:Hi, i have no idea when it comes to sound. Last decemeber i bought Full HD tv and sony blu ray player. I then bought a 2.1 sony all in 1 sound system. Now the base is superb, but when i bought it i didnt know i needed to sound system to have an HD input to be able to get HD sound. Now heres my question, i want to update my system to 5.1 and so i have full HD sound. Where do i start? Do i have to buy an amp with HD inputs, plus seperate speakers, plus a sub. I dont really know where to start.

Hi what TV do you have , make model and size?

What model of Sony Blue ray?

What is your budget so there is an idea of product range which would suit?

How big a room are you going to use it in?

Then there will have a baseline to offer advice

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
ok thanks guys for advice so far. To answer the questions i have a Samsung 46" series 8 tv and sony bdp-350 blu ray player. Room is rectangular about 6metres x 3m. Im on a budget so the cheaper the better, but i dont wanna a really rubbish sound. Id rather pay a little more if it means better sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts