How to create a mp3 cd from iTunes library

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I want to create a mp3 cd for my wifes' car, from my iTunes library, saved in lossless.

I've created a playlist in iTunes, but when I try to create a mp3 copy to cd, I can't burn it.

I presume because my library was ripped in lossless, this has caused the issue.

How do I achieve this, in as simple terms as possible please......

Regards Richard.......

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Select one or more songs in your library and choose File > Create New Version > Create mp3 Version.

The song in its original format and the newly converted song appear in your library.

Then just burn the lossy versions to the CD.

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for the prompt replies, I shall have a go tomorrow, just on the way to a family gathering and will not be in a fit shape later....cheers.......dribble.......hiccup..... :clap:

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Andrew, followed your advice, however when I selected Create new version, I wasn't offered MP3 version.

Only Create Apple Lossless version, which my library already is.

Any suggestions please ?

Richard........

John Duncan

The 'Create ... version' option depends on your import settings. If you go to Preferences (might be 'Options' on Windows), General Preferences, Imprt Settings, and change that to 'MP3 Encoder', you will then get the option to create mp3 versions of any files.

There used to be an option to Burn CD direct from iTunes (and you got to choose whether it was a music CD or data CD) but I now can't find it on iTunes 11, so burning it from a folder on your desktop might be easier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts