How to connect Topping E30 to Esinkin BT Adapter

Mark1970

Mar 8, 2021
Visit site
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just ordered a pair of Focal Chora 826 and will drive them for now with either an Audiolab 8000a or Sugden A25 (they recommend min 40 wpc but I have found that the Sugden drives most speakers)
I have a Topping E30 which works well through a pc but I want to connect it to a simple Bluetooth adapter( Esinkin BT Adapter) for streaming. I tried running a 2 rca male to single rca cable from the adaptor to the coaxial but no joy. Does anyone know how to add a Bluetooth adapter to the Topping? I am picking the speakers up on Saturday and they have offered to test them on the Amp i am planning to use, do you think I should take both amps or just the Audiolab as it has the recommended wattage?

Gray

Not sure why you ran the RCAs into the coax input Mark.
But you need to connect L&R analogue out from the BT adaptor - to the red and white analogue input of the E30 (rear left hand side).....using a twin RCA lead.

Gray

Thank you Gray but the RCAs on the Topping are outputs, they go to the amplifier. The Topping has usb, coaxial and optical for inputs.
Of course they are! Sorry Mark.
I've got one of those Ensinken adaptors (the one that looks identical to the dearer Logitech) - and it's only got analogue out....that's why I thought you were looking for a suitable input (you are).

If yours is like my one, then you will need to put into a line input of the amp.

Mark1970

Mar 8, 2021
Visit site
Of course they are! Sorry Mark.
I've got one of those Ensinken adaptors (the one that looks identical to the dearer Logitech) - and it's only got analogue out....that's why I thought you were looking for a suitable input (you are).

If yours is like my one, then you will need to put into a line input of the amp.
That is how I had it but I need the Adapter to go through the topping DAC to improve the sound of the stream, so the adaptor needs to go through the topping.

Gray

That is how I had it but I need the Adapter to go through the topping DAC to improve the sound of the stream, so the adaptor needs to go through the topping.
Is your Ensinken actually the small one about 2" square with only analogue out Mark?

If so, it's got its own DAC doing the conversion to analogue - you can't put that through another DAC.

What you really need is something like the ifi Zen Blue - which does have digital out.
Then you could compare the analogue out of that, with its digital out via your E30.

.....And, if it's easy enough, why not take both of your potential amps to try on the speakers.

Mark1970

Mar 8, 2021
Visit site
Is your Ensinken actually the small one about 2" square with only analogue out Mark?

If so, it's got its own DAC doing the conversion to analogue - you can't put that through another DAC.

What you really need is something like the ifi Zen Blue - which does have digital out.
Then you could compare the analogue out of that, with its digital out via your E30.

.....And, if it's easy enough, why not take both of your potential amps to try on the speakers.
Thanks Gray, yes it is that adapter, I did not know it was a DAC as well. It looks like it has a 3.5 jack in it as well. . I bought the iFi ZEN Air Blue yesterday and was a bit underwhelmed by it which is why i want the topping with a blutooth connected to it, i am sure there must be a way...

Gray

Thanks Gray, yes it is that adapter, I did not know it was a DAC as well. It looks like it has a 3.5 jack in it as well. . I bought the iFi ZEN Air Blue yesterday and was a bit underwhelmed by it which is why i want the topping with a blutooth connected to it, i am sure there must be a way...
Yes, the 3.5mm jack on the Ensinken is just connected in parallel to the RCA sockets - so is just another connector for the same output.

Without a digital output on the Zen Blue Air, what you're hearing is its own DAC, shame you're not keen....as you've just bought it, what's the chances of swapping for the Zen Blue? - the sound of that one would then be greatly determined by your E30.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts