How to connect crocodile clips to Chord Signature interconnects

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Can anybody give me a very simple walk through on how to connect the tiny crocodile clips to the Chord cable?

Please bear in mind my idiocy and lack of technical know how if and when offering advice.

Thanks.

idc

Can you photo the clips and the cable? At the moment it is not clear at all as I do not see anything you would be using a crocodile clip to connect an interconnect to.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I'm posting from an iPad so can't really manage the photos, but the cables in question are the Chord Signature RCA interconnects and two thin croc clips.
The latter came bundled with the Chord cables and I've read plenty of pieces online referring to the two working in conjunction. Alas, my small brain can't fathom out how to connect them.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
I'm posting from an iPad so can't really manage the photos, but the cables in question are the Chord Signature RCA interconnects and two thin croc clips. The latter came bundled with the Chord cables and I've read plenty of pieces online referring to the two working in conjunction. Alas, my small brain can't fathom out how to connect them.

Why do you think you need them? Can you not just use the standard RCA connectors?

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
I'm posting from an iPad so can't really manage the photos, but the cables in question are the Chord Signature RCA interconnects and two thin croc clips. The latter came bundled with the Chord cables and I've read plenty of pieces online referring to the two working in conjunction. Alas, my small brain can't fathom out how to connect them.

Why do you think you need them? Can you not just use the standard RCA connectors?

It's not that I think I need them, it's just that I want to know how to use the smaller clips that came with the Chord Signatures, and if they make any difference at all.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
idc said:
I had a look on the Chord site and cannot find anything like crocodile clips. What are you connecting from - to?

I'm connecting from my phono amp to my pre-amp. The cables sound great and have been in situ for a few years, it's just that I came across the croc clips when I was having a cursory dust of my system this afternoon and wondered if could be utilised.

And before anyone supposes I'm going mad, they were sold together and I've read numerous articles attesting to their earthing capabilities. But I still haven't the foggiest how to connect the two blasted sets of wire.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Yes, they are additional ground connectors. They are designed to connect the casework of the two items you are connecting together. The Phono amp will have a casework ground connection, nott sure about the pre though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts