How to connect 2 screens from PC via receiver?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, fairly new to the forums but in desperate need of help with setting up home cinema!! I've nearly finished upgrading the whole set up. I have a Denon AVR-3311 and Canton Vento 870 DC's, I still want to get the Canton centre and a different sub but this can wait a few months.

My problem:
I have an HD computer screen and a Panasonic TXP42GT30B.
I am currently using bluray drive on my custom PC to play movies and CD's.
I want to connect the PC to the receiver and then connect the receiver to both screens and the speakers.
My question is, how do I do this? Do i just run 2 HDMI cables from PC to receiver and then an HDMI cable to each screen? But obviously I dont want to buy 4 HDMI cables when im not sure its going to work

I hope ive explained my problem effectively, please ask if I have not made myself clear as it is quite frustrating to finally have all the components but not know how to conect them!!

Thanks in advance

Chris

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No need to run two cables from PC to receiver: the 3311 has two HDMI outputs, which can be run simultaneously into two displays. So one HDMI from PC to receiver, one from receiver to each display – job done.

A

Anonymous

Thanks alot for the response, that was what I was planning on doing originally but I was wondering if the 1 HDMI cable between PC and receiver could carry enough data for both screens

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Intransik12 said:
Thanks alot for the response, that was what I was planning on doing originally but I was wondering if the 1 HDMI cable between PC and receiver could carry enough data for both screens

Yes, the signal is processed and amplified by the receiver, so will be fine to drive two displays.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts