How much space will I need

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Going to rip my collection to Apple lossless but need to know how big to make the NAS drive how much space GB will I need for around 1000CD's ?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Have you considered backups and/or raid configurations?

I'd go for the largest capacity available without spending silly money.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
PJPro:Have you considered backups and/or raid configurations?I'd go for the largest capacity available without spending silly money.

I have ordered a 1TB Netgear Stora (only £105) I can add a second drive to it and it will automatically RAID, just waiting to make sure it does everything I need before I shell out the extra for a second drive.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Will Do, the NAS is just the first step, all of my CD's are being ripped to Apple lossless and initially I will be getting an Apple airport express to stream everything to my set-up in the front room to give my music collection more ease of access (I am finding that I am listening to my newer CD's and almost never get the old stuff out). Apple Genius Mix should also help rectify this.

I will no doupt do some back to listening Apple v CD as source. If I am happy with the way the system performs I will upgrade to an apple TV in the front room and move the express to the dining room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts