how hard to find an LCD with NO damn problems!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I`m going nuts here, i popped down to Currys today in Oxford, was in there for over an hour wandering about sales assistants pouncing all over me to buy! buy! buy! anyhow, i really do fancy the Sony KDL-40V3000 and these high street retailers charge a good £250 - £350 more per TV set and wont match online prices at all, so i know its always best to buy online i keep reading all these forums on all the different makes, it just seems that everything i read about an individual make and model of LCD has problems! its either blurring, clouding, motion issues, poor blacks, whiny noises, pixel problems, white blotches, poor SD pictures, juddering, un-natural colours or "my plasmas better than your LCD etc etc etc" this is becoming a nightmare chossing a TV because i dont want to make a mistake for my £750 and have to take it back and fight these people for a refund or spend weeks arguing with them after all, they take your money and then they do not want to know once you parted with your cash is there actually an LCD that just works??? looking for a 37" to 40" i dont have a games console, not interested in PS3 etc, i will be buying a blu-ray DVD player eventually and probably going to get SKY HD at some point.... so be nice for my new set to have 1080p i watch a lot of rock music dvd`s, i dont watch football or sport in general ideas on what set i should get? im losing the will to live .........Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A

Anonymous

to be honest id say plasma gives better SD quality than LCDs...

no motion problems... no poor black levels..

just good alll round picture quality

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Why are you so stuck on a LCD? You say you have no interest in a games console and you want it for general TV viewing and DVD with a possible upgrade to Blu-Ray eventually, but you are worried about which LCD to buy due to issues they have regarding pictue quality.

Well the answer is simple, PLASMA! PLASMA! PLASMA!

There are either fantastic 37"" Plasma sets from Panasonic or go into the 42"" sector and your choice is even larger. And wave goodby to any of these issues that you are concerned about with LCD models, no motion bluring, strong solid blacks, no backlight bleed, Shall I go on?
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

HI MATE

i gotta be honest, i spent ages looking at the plasmas and i just dont like them, im also worried about screen burn etc
37" is my ideal choice in size, which is most annoying!!! lol
are Plasmas also 1080p compatible?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
LCDs tend to over-impress in shops, because their ultra-bright look suits shop lighting. Get them home and it's a different story.

And yes, many plasmas are Full HD and/or 1080p compatible. Screen burn isn't an issue on decent modern plasmas, as long as you take care in the first few weeks of use.

I'd check out the new Panasonic 37in plasmas if it were my money, and don't disregard the 42in sets from Pioneer, Samsung and others - from what we've seen of the new-season sets so far, flatscreens are getting better all the time...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Claire, i wll do that
how much is the new 37" Plasma by Panasonic (roughly) ?
how do you avoid the screen burn exactly? im worried i will mess up :-(

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="WAYNESTERS"]HI MATE i gotta be honest, i spent ages looking at the plasmas and i just dont like them, im also worried about screen burn etc [/quote]Screen Burn is not a issue with modern Plasma TV's when being used domestically. I have 2 of them (one being a old Panasonic series 5 without any anti-screenburn tech) and neither have any signs of Burn what so ever and both are used for tv,games,dvd etc. And my kids watch channels like Cartoon Network which have hugh logos and never cause a problem.

People get this whole Screenburn myth all out of proportion a bit like the "YOU NEED TO GET A PLASMA RE-GASSED" rubbish. What some people refer to as Screenburn is actually TEMPORARY IMAGE RETENSION where say a static image that has been on screen for quite some time leaves a GHOST IMAGE on the screen for a minuite or so fading all the time. This is NOT Screenburn! Screenburn is PERMINANT and iff you want to know the differnce look at the Plasmas at the Airport for flight times.

So unless you plan to leave say Sky Sports News on for days at a time then you will have no issues with Screenburn, but if you still feal the need to have a inferiour product with all the joys of LCD TV's ie Smearing etc then go ahead as it is your money.

As for the 1080p issue, Yes the Panasonic 37"" Plasma is compatible. But also take note which TV won the group test in the Mag, Yep that would be the Panasonic Plasma!!
emotion-15.gif

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="WAYNESTERS"]how do you avoid the screen burn exactly? im worried i will mess up :-([/quote]
For say the first 200 hours of use keep the Contrast levels to a modest setting as this is the period where the Screen is more prone to Screenburn. Think of it as say the smae way you would run-in a new set of Speakers, you dont get them home and blast the nuts out of them straight away do you?
emotion-15.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts