How good do you think micro systems are like the MCR603/MCR610 & Ceol N7/N8/N9 ?

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I think they sometimes sound better than some other systems or separetes costing much more money after I visited a hi-fi exibition

There is room left for improvement and it would be nice if they could come out with a new sytem with out speakers for say around the £800 to £1000 mark keeping the same features with better sound quality as I am sure they would sell well

( I don't like the look or features of the Naim qute, and actually think it looks quite dated, and don't think much of the new Naim Mu-so as the speakers are too close as they are built in and again like the Naim qute does not have enough features like a cd player etc )

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
With the right speakers they can sound very very good. I have a Marantz MCR510 and it's a really versatile piece of kit which looks nice, doesnt take up much space and packs quite a decent wallop. Good separates are better IMO though...

I agree though i'd like to see Marantz/Denon et al bring out something a bit more high end in this sector - I'd buy one

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
I think they are really neat solutions, and great value as far as feature count goes. Some, such as the MCR-610, can be musically engaging, but in my experience good seprates will produce better overall results. The downside is, of course, that they will cost way more if you try to match features.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Ketan Bharadia said:
I think they are really neat solutions, and great value as far as feature count goes. Some, such as the MCR-610, can be musically engaging, but in my experience good seprates will produce better overall results. The downside is, of course, that they will cost way more if you try to match features.

True.

Though there is plenty of scope for users, and seemingly many dealers' to get the entry level separates systems horribly wrong.

Balance and matching makes a huge difference, even at entry level prices, with the right speakers the MCR510/610 will see off many a budget separates system, though of course a well chosen separates setup will be better.

Personally one of the biggest issues I find with these setups is the rather flaky control system and functionality, can be a nightmare for the non techy user.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts