How does Apple 4k TV work? Thanks!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

daveh75

Jesus wept! You really should consider a different hobby.

What they announce today is likely going to be just a 4K/HDR update to the current Platform.

And the Apple site has all the info you need on that.

https://www.apple.com/uk/tv/

And Amazon Prime still isn't available on Apple TV yet, though it's coming...

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75 said:
Jesus wept! You really should consider a different hobby.

What they announce today is likely going to be just a 4K/HDR update to the current Platform.

And the Apple site has all the info you need on that.

https://www.apple.com/uk/tv/

And Amazon Prime still isn't available on Apple TV yet, though it's coming...
Cheers Dave.
thumbs_up.png

daveh75

Their "Originals" mainly.

Netflix has the various Marvel franchises, Orange Is The New Black, Narcos, Stranger Things and Ozark etc, whereas Amazon has Mr. Robot, Preacher, Transparent, Man In The High Castle, Sneaky Pete and The Grand Tour for example

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Why both? Anything on Netflix that isn't on Amazon Prime and vice versa?
Got both on free trials. Experimenting at the moment. On Amazon Prime they have Guns N Roses live at the 02, Dolphins 4K ultra hd amongst others. Mad Max Road Fury, the BFG, the girl on the train. Loads to be honest. Music documentaries.

Netflix, lots of movies, Dolby Vision shows.

If you pay for a movie do you get to keep it forever? Even if you quit the service?

I guess I don't need Apple 4K anymore? Cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

Just found the Tick on Amazon Video on HDR ultra hd - looks great! First time I got HDR up.

buzz_lightclick

Apple TV is a streaming box. You can use it to display any photos or videos from your iPhone or iPad on your TV, plus play any music on those devices through your home cinema system. You connect it to your amp via HDMI.

It has lots of different apps on it too like Youtube, where you can watch videos - in 4K in this new version.

It has Netflix on it but you probably get that elsewhere like on your blu ray player.

daveh75 said:
Their "Originals" mainly.

Netflix has the various Marvel franchises, Orange Is The New Black, Narcos, Stranger Things and Ozark etc, whereas Amazon has Mr. Robot, Preacher, Transparent, Man In The High Castle, Sneaky Pete and The Grand Tour for example
Sorry, the question was aimed at gel. If he mainly watches movies only, there's little point in having both.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
Apple TV is a streaming box. You can use it to display any photos or videos from your iPhone or iPad on your TV, plus play any music on those devices through your home cinema system. You connect it to your amp via HDMI.

It has lots of different apps on it too like Youtube, where you can watch videos - in 4K in this new version.

It has Netflix on it but you probably get that elsewhere like on your blu ray player.
Cheers buddy.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am still a bit confused with Apple 4k TV and the way it works. So what does the Apple 4k TV 64 gb get you? Is it iTunes the way it works? Why do you have to pay £200 and what does that get you? Unlimited movies on iTunes for example? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

Am I right in thinking it's iTunes the way it works? And you have to pay for all the movies on top of the Apple 4k device itself? That's well expensive! Cheers.

I am getting on well with NetFlix and Amazon Prime now - I have just upgraded to the yearly package for Amazon Prime and am well happy with that. I will see if I get NetFlix too but still have it for a month. Just Apple 4K bemuses me still. Anyone got it?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Apple TV is a media player. There are various apps you can use within it, including iTunes. Obviously you'll need to pay for any content unless they're free.
Cheers BB. I think I will leave that one alone.

daveh75

gel said:
I am still a bit confused with Apple 4k TV and the way it works. So what does the Apple 4k TV 64 gb get you? Is it iTunes the way it works? Why do you have to pay £200 and what does that get you? Unlimited movies on iTunes for example? Thanks.

You don't need one, best move on and forget about it, particularly as you can't work out what it does...

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75 said:
gel said:

You don't need one, best move on and forget about it, particularly as you can't work out what it does...
regular_smile.png

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I use Netflix I feel Netflix offers better value for money but if you watch a lot of films and TV shows you soon run out of stuff to watch because Netflix are slow on putting new films to there library .

i use Apple TV as well but you have to pay for rentals HD or standard definition or buy the films but apart from that there are TV programs ,music , app games ,photo slide show , airplay say from your iPad to your TV if it supports airplay .

Amazon prime I've tried for 6 months to watch the grand tour but apart from that I felt that there was not much choice in films as most were cheap budget films and Amazon to me was more setup for rental then putting good films on the library you also get the music app which is rubbish and free delivery on anything you buy on amazon which I think you pay for anyway technically though the membership .

basically if your like me gel and watch a lot of films theses film sites only put about a 1000 films on there database and a lot of them stay on there for months and there 1000s of films made over the years but only a handful are on theses sites .

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
I use Netflix I feel Netflix offers better value for money but if you watch a lot of films and TV shows you soon run out of stuff to watch because Netflix are slow on putting new films to there library .

i use Apple TV as well but you have to pay for rentals HD or standard definition or buy the films but apart from that there are TV programs ,music , app games ,photo slide show , airplay say from your iPad to your TV if it supports airplay .

Amazon prime I've tried for 6 months to watch the grand tour but apart from that I felt that there was not much choice in films as most were cheap budget films and Amazon to me was more setup for rental then putting good films on the library you also get the music app which is rubbish and free delivery on anything you buy on amazon which I think you pay for anyway technically though the membership .

basically if your like me gel and watch a lot of films theses film sites only put about a 1000 films on there database and a lot of them stay on there for months and there 1000s of films made over the years but only a handful are on theses sites .
Cheers buddy - very helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts