how do you terminate qed xt400

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i've come across a pair of qed xt400 cables unterminated.

i was wondering if there was any special consideration needed when terminating these.

ie, do you simply bare the outer sleevings back to the first layer of silver coate wire and simply clamp down on it including all thats under neath or do i bare back to the copper coated tube clamp/screw that down and at the back of the banana plug on the second screw then clamp down on the silver and all below.

cheers

A

Anonymous

It depends on which type of plugs you buy and how good your soldering experience is. QED do recommend their Airlocs though which have to be fitted. I think they cost £5 a plug, take your cables to a QED supplier and they should do it for that.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Hello jamesym,

Firstly ensure that all insulation (both outer layer and inner tube) are cut away which leaves bare silver-plated copper cable. You can twist the bare cable (anti-clockwise) which will make the ends neat and help with screw clamping.

The screw termination will depend on the banana plug. With most banana plugs that come with two screws you use the first screw to clamp the conductor and the second to clamp the outer cable (to offer strain relief).

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Darren

A

Anonymous

thanks for that but i need 16 thats like over 80 quid lol the cable only cost me 25 lol.

i'm using a two screw/clamp nakamchi 6mm gold plated of course....

A

Anonymous

thanks for that darren,

and yes very helpful.

i've ordered 16 nakamchi 6mm gold plated bananas which have two screws.

i know it might of sounded a bit thick but i looked down the cable and saw this tube milarky and thought, errr hang on lol

james.....

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
No problem - my pleasure. We use air-tubes in some of our speaker cables which have to be cut away before termination. Any dielectric material should be removed before termination to ensure maximum conductor contact with the connector.

All the best,
Darren

A

Anonymous

thanks darrren,

i'll be on it at the end of the wk once i've finished decorating this dam room lol

james....

A

Anonymous

thanks darrren,

i'll be on it at the end of the wk once i've finished decorating this dam room lol

james....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts