How do I get dolby 5.1 from sky hd using the Onkyo 905 receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, just got my Onkyo 905 receiver and have connected to Sky Hd via optical cable. Whilst watching ITV (Rugby) I don't seem to be able to get Dolby 5.1. -I have changed the output on the Sky box to 'Dolby D'. -I know the signal is getting through via the optical cable (when I pull it out the sound goes) -I have scrolled through all the settings for various listening modes but can't find it Does anyone know what I am doing wrong- or is it the case that some programmes are not sent out in Dolby? Thanks for any help.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Not all programs are put out in 5.1 The rugby is showing as only 2 channels on my amp as well. Put it on one of the main movie channels or Sky One HD, what does it do then?

A

Anonymous

Yeah most stuff is only broadcast in stereo although more and more content is being broadcast in dolby digital(although it could still be only 2 channel)

A

Anonymous

Terristrial tv is only broadcast in nicam stereo no matter what platform you view it from or the content being viewed.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all for the answer-much appreciated. I went on to BBC HD and got the 5.1! I just assumed the rugby was going to be 5.1...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts