How do i connect banana plugs to speaker outlets on Sony SDR-DN1000 AV Reciever?

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Please can somebody help.

I have just purchased a Sony SDR-DN1000 reciever. Not tried it yet though as i cannot connect the speakers. Well sort of...

Like the Denon reciever i own, the Sony's speaker terminals are screw type but unlike the Denon, i don't seem to be able to connect using a banana plug.

Not sure if they are closed off but cannot see a way to remove black cap if they are.

Also, if i look at pics on Richer Sounds website there are no black tops to the screws they look like they will accept banana plugs.

Guessing that the 500 and 800 models are same or similar.

Anybody?

Thanks,

Cookie Monster

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
My Yamaha was the same. The sockets for the banana plugs are sealed over with a plastic seal, I had to break the seals with a sharp instrument, and then I was able to use banana plugs. It is something to do with EU safety regs.

A

Anonymous

As chudleighpaul says, it's a health and safety issue. I believe the process is called de-bunging. I did it on my Denon 2310. It was a simple as pulling out the covers to reveal the banana sockets. Took me 2 minutes!

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks Chudleighpaul and LittleLouie,

Don't suppose you or anybody else knows if breaking these (de-bunging) voids the warranty?

and any idea why it is a Health and Safety concern? Plenty of other sockets to poke things in!

Thanks,

Cookie Monster

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't void the warranty. I think the safety issue is something to do with the diameter of the banana plugs. Some idiot in Brussels reckoned they could be connected to the mains!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts