How can you tell the quality of your sd source?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
On the 42inch px80 and 37 px80 is there a noticible difference on blu ray feds when compared to a full 1080 sets? Previous help on here has swayed towards getting the plasma but the non 1080 is worrying me a little. Like my prior post though I do mainly use sd and that leads on to my new main query.

With the sd loads of people talk about the quality of the source. How do you know what your source is like? I use simple sky, does the sky hd box broadcast at a higher output even on non hd channels or is it the same? I live in the middle of nowhere so can't get virgin. Has anyone tried the free sat yet, is that any better or are the significant set up costs not worth it if you already have sky? if so, what are the 'normal' sky channels like on that with the freesat panny sets?

A

Anonymous

Not sure if there is any way you can tell with sky, some free to air boxes will display the bit rate. As a rule of thumb, BBC and the pay TV channels tend to have a higher bit rate. Some of the free less popular ones are very poor.ÿ

If your sky box is a few years old, it may not tidy the image up as well as a new one, also HDMI out makes aÿdifference.

I have a Sky HD box, but don't subscribe to sky HD, you still get loads of free SD channels including ÿBBC HD and C4 HD. The Sky HD box makes a much better job ofÿStdÿDefinition signals, especially if you set it to upscale them to 1080i via HDMI.

You can get a second hand or new Sky HD box from ebay. Not sure how much they are, but I paid about £150 (without any subscription) for a few years ago when going direct to sky were asking £300 + subscription. ÿ ÿ

ÿ

Damianÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts