How about using XenForo as the base for the forum here?

A

Anderson

Seriously at $140, it would relieve so many problems here.

https://xenforo.com/purchase/

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Have you seen AVForums since they 'upgraded' to that POS?

Its 'kin hideous.

To be fair to the software, you can't really blame Dulux if someone wants to paint their house pink & black. Although looking at the OP's avatar, he may quite like it...

A

Anderson

Love pink.

The CMS and Forum software here is atrocious, I've used and deployed my fair share of both and XenForo is one of the better solutions. Just look at the amount of blank OP's scattered about this place, the commenting and formatting options here are pretty much broken. Doesn't help that the site is so slow either.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Anderson said:
Love pink.

The CMS and Forum software here is atrocious, I've used and deployed my fair share of both and XenForo is one of the better solutions. Just look at the amount of blank OP's scattered about this place, the commenting and formatting options here are pretty much broken. Doesn't help that the site is so slow either.

All works okay for me. Are you using IE?

John Duncan

Anderson said:
Love pink.

Nope, still no clue.

A

Anderson

I gather this place is running Drupal, looking at the page source it seems to be, that explains a lot.

A

Anderson

John Duncan said:
Anderson said:
Love pink.

Nope, still no clue.

Okay.

A

Anderson

professorhat said:
Anderson said:
Love pink.

Chrome on Windows 7/Ubuntu/Android, it's particularly bad on Android.

A

Anderson

daveh75 said:
Anderson said:
Seriously at $140, it would relieve so many problems here.

https://xenforo.com/purchase/

Its 'kin hideous.

Yes that's what got me thinking about this place, now in my opinion the AVForum is beautiful, it's functional and it runs fast. You can't compare the two sites they're in different leagues. I much prefer posting on (for ease of use) on AVF, I like this place believe it or not for some of the characters.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Anderson said:
professorhat said:
Anderson said:
Love pink.

Chrome on Windows 7/Ubuntu/Android, it's particularly bad on Android.

Works fine for me and I'm using all of those, except Ubuntu.

A

Anderson

There's no argument that it does *work*, it could work a whole lot better. Anyhow this will fall on deaf ears, usually it it works in a reasonable manner things are left alone.

daveh75

Crocodile said:
daveh75 said:

Its 'kin hideous.

To be fair to the software, you can't really blame Dulux if someone wants to paint their house pink & black. Although looking at the OP's avatar, he may quite like it...

I was talking about the UX. But its fugly too...

A

Anderson

John Duncan said:
If only somebody would install the latest version of TinyMCE, I suspect most posting issues would go away...

tinymce={majorVersion:"3",minorVersion:"2.7",releaseDate:"2009-09-22"

This suggestion, I do support.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
My best guess at "UX" is user experience?, in which case it's head & shoulders above what's used here. But again is largely down to how it's impemented.

After being used to so many forums running vB, & being readily able the jump straight into a new one, it's going to take time to get used to Xenforo as it replaces vB, as it seems destined to do.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
At least I now know what the people who get thrown out of Currys for taking the back off washing machines to check the brand of relays fitted do all week :rofl:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts