Home Theater System to TV help!

BillsonChang007

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

Not excatly a newbie to audio gears but a true beginner in speakers. I come from headphones and a member of Head-Fi. Not sure if I am in the right section here but if I am at the wrong section, I am very sorry..

So here's my case: I got a set of Philips HTS9800W a few years back. I been using it only for DVDs movie but today (like now XD ) I decided to connect it to my TV so that, when I am watching movies from the TV channel, I can get better audio quality. But the thing is, I do not know how to connect it! If you need to know, I am using Philips TV as well but I can't recall what model is it. My main TV channel source is from a tiny little box called "Astro".

i hope someone here can give me a clear step by step guide to connect the speaker to the TV instead of the DVD player. If you need additional detail, feel free to ask from me :)

thanks in advance!

Billson :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I used to connect my old Samsung TV in the bedroom to an old Philips HTS DVD all in one system via a twin phono lead like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/twin-phono-plug-to-plug-leads-1020

This was quite some time ago, so the details are sketchy, but as far as I remember, I then used the aux or tv setting on the HTS to enable sound.

It's not rocket science, you just need to read the manuals on all your devices, then work out if they are compatible.

PS. To answer your point on connecting the speakers directly to the tv, I doubt very whether this is possible, though it was on my old Kuro, but again, you should check your tv's manual.

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If your TV has the same outputs as the DVD player then you could just unplug the connections from the DVD player one by one and connect them to the outputs on the TV

Tommo

BillsonChang007

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the respond guys! Unfortunately, I do not have the right cable to do this... How about connecting it to my iPhone/iPod/iPad? I believe I have the neccessary cable for connecting it to those DAP XD

Billson :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts