home cinema

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am a newcomer to home cinema and would like some advice. I want to buy a new system but do i get a all in one or separates. I have read about the Onkyo SR505 and SR605 which sound good but also the Sony DAV IS10 which interests me because of the size of the speakers.I have a Sony KDL - 40W2000 tv. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi there

Separates systems usually give better performance than all-in-ones, so if ultimate sound quality is your goal, then a separate AV amp such as the Onkyos is the way to go. Of course you'll also need a set of surround speakers to go with the amp.

The Sony DAV-IS10 is a great little system, but won't give anything like the level of performance of something like the Onkyo SR605 with a good set of speakers.

A

Anonymous

Are there any speakers of similar size of the sony's which would be compatable with the Onkoyo and do they normally come with a subwoofer and also do you have to wire all the speakers up all separately.

A

Anonymous

Yes you would need to wire all the speakers seperately and add interconnects to wire your TV, DVD etc to to the amp. As for speakers, there are plenty out there similar in size to the Sonys. Try looking at one of KEF's all in one speaker packages and they include a sub

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
@barnsleykev - I'm in a similar situation to you. I was looking at the DAV IS 10's, but have already got a dvd recorder so wouldn't need the player provided with that system. I'm now looking at the Onkyo 606 (when it comes out) and the jamo A102HCS5 speaker system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts