Home cinema under £300?

Marello

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a home cinema system for watching tv and playing games on. My budget is £300 which I appreciate is pretty low but I'm aware that that budget isn't going to live up to the quality my genelec speakers :) as I'm a gamer I'd rather go for a poorer qualify 5.1 than a soundbar setup.

I've had a look and I'm considering the Yamaha yht199 or an only of system. Any thoughts on those or alternatives would be very much appreciated. If it's possible to purchase the system from amazon even better as I have some vouchers for the site.

Thanks!

Marticus

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
for what it's worth i purchased my speakers second hand off ebay for £50 (old sony 6.1 setup), and run them through an onkyo amp which was around £250, and it sounds good to me, although not up to audiophile spec no doubt)

so it should be possible if you shop around.

T

theflyingwasp

Hi there Marello with respect sir you won't get much for £300 ,everyone has a budget but you really are scrapping the barrel here.I did a bit looking about and Asda are doing 28inch Polaroid tvs for £175 and samsung are doing surround sound system for £109 (E350) which would leave £16 for cheapy cables and a couple of quid for bin bags when you take the stuff to the skip in 3 weeks when it blows up.

there is some ridiculously overpriced stuff out there but with electronics you kinda get what you pay for.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there.

If you want something brand new try this.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/pioneer/htp072/pion-htp072

For what you want it should be perfect. The other £50 you can spend on speaker stands or brackets unless you have enough places to put them on around your room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts