Home Cinema/Hifi Room Setup

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I've moved house recently and managed to get a room for all my toys. There have been some changes since I last posted too.

The Start...

IMG_20110814_150120.jpg

IMG_20110814_150135.jpg

The Finish...

DSCF2653.jpg

DSCF2651.jpg

DSCF2649.jpg

DSCF2647.jpg

IMG_20110827_205736.jpg

The Kit...

IMG_20110827_205705.jpg

DSCF2657.jpg

DSCF2659.jpg

Kit List

Samsung F86 46 inch TV

Monitor Audio Platinum PL100's (left and right)
Monitor Audio Platinum PLC350 (centre)
Monitor Audio PLW15 subwoofer
Monitor Audio Apex A10's (rear)

Onkyo TX-NR905 acting as a pre-amplifier for centre, left and right. Amplifier for rears.
Leema Acoustics Pyxis
Leema Acoustics Hydra II - driving the PL100's
Leema Acoustics Hydra I - biamping the PLC350

Virgin HD Tivo
Sony BDP-S5000ES
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii
Apple iMac running Channel D's Pure Music

Van Damme cables (phono and speaker)
Wireworld USB cable

The greatest challenge with the room was taming the echo from the tiled floor. The fabric sofa (which arrived today) has managed that as there was a bit of mid-range "boom" when listening to the hi-fi.

Really chuffed!

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Very nice, i'm so jealous, if that was my room i would probably have a projector in their aswell as the size of the room makes your tv look small.:clap:

A

Anonymous

That's some nice kit.

But you seriously need to get yourself a projector setup.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
VoodooDoctor said:
So why won't the pictures show???

You're doing it wrong. Use the image insert button (the little tree icon) and copy and paste the image URLs, quote my first reply and then disable rich-text to see the difference in the code (if you're interested that is).

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I'm debating the projector/massive TV conundrum at the moment. It'll cost me about the same to install a projector as it would a 60/65 inch TV. I'm still recovering from the financial mauling that buying a house inflicts so it'll probably be the middle of next year before I decide. Even the girlfriend has said the TV looks small so it's definitely going to happen!

Thanks for the help with the pictures.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
The Start...
IMG_20110814_150120.jpg

IMG_20110814_150135.jpg

The Finish...

DSCF2653.jpg

DSCF2651.jpg

DSCF2649.jpg

DSCF2647.jpg

IMG_20110827_205736.jpg

The Kit...

IMG_20110827_205705.jpg

DSCF2657.jpg

DSCF2659.jpg

Kit List

Samsung F86 46 inch TV

Monitor Audio Platinum PL100's (left and right)
Monitor Audio Platinum PLC350 (centre)
Monitor Audio PLW15 subwoofer
Monitor Audio Apex A10's (rear)

Onkyo TX-NR905 acting as a pre-amplifier for centre, left and right. Amplifier for rears.
Leema Acoustics Pyxis
Leema Acoustics Hydra II - driving the PL100's
Leema Acoustics Hydra I - biamping the PLC350

Virgin HD Tivo
Sony BDP-S5000ES
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii
Apple iMac running Channel D's Pure Music

Van Damme cables (phono and speaker)
Wireworld USB cable

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
VoodooDoctor said:
Even the girlfriend has said the TV looks small so it's definitely going to happen!

It also looks a little high, be better mounted more at seated eye height.

I like the light-fitting, where does that come from?

EDIT: and the pictures, I like the pictures, where are they from?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
It also looks a little high, be better mounted more at seated eye height.

I like the light-fitting, where does that come from?

EDIT: and the pictures, I like the pictures, where are they from?

You have a good eye. The TV is mounted high as we measured up in anticipation of a much larger screen and compensated for it.

The light fittings are from Debenhams online.

The canvases are all from Ebay. The Batman and Joker pictures were painted for me by a friend.

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
:O :O :O WOW , that is sooooome setup you have there, mate ... Room looks fantastic - every boy`s dream :)

Seems inevitable that you`ll be getting a bigger screen ( projector or TV , whatever you decide ) , and then it will be spot-on .

And that Center Speaker looks huuuuge . I`ve seen the M.Audio Platinums , they look the deal, and probably sound even better

Well Done :clap:

A

Anonymous

Room is a treat to the eye, made exponential by that PL/Apex setup... WOW! Can't wait to see your upcoming 65 inches ultraflat TV on that wall... Oh please don't tell me you were aiming for a smaller size, they are giving them these days, and it would just set this monster of a center to about the perfect eye-shattering size, while being also in dominant equilibrium with this very modern, cartesian yet original retro decor! Not only your dream system and room, but mine too! :clap: :)

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Love the look of this setup mate and the colour scheme on the walls, proper lads room. After Xmas I'll be painting my room very similar colours which I'll have to do when the wife pops out for milk, lol.

A

Anonymous

Yes sir! 64 is big enough, and Samsung high series are ultraflat... Great choice. Sure you're wall mounting bracket is strong enough for that, or gonna change that altogether too?

A

Anonymous

All good, your TV must weigh about 40Kg. That's quite the mounting bracket you got there, you really did plan ahead! Don't forget to post us some pics! ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts