Home Cinema Amp 4K future Proof

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what we need to be looking for in an Amp to make sure it will be 4K pass through future proof? Now that the specifications have been decided it seems sensible to make sure any future amp can pass through the full 4K picture. To be honest I find it all a little confusing *help*

Do any amps currentl meet this requirement?

Cheers

Rocket

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
rocketrazor said:
thanks Simon, is that all we need to look out for, make sure it has HDCP2.2 support? If I do upgrade I was thinking of Yamaha or Marantz maybe the SR7010. The SR7009 can be picked up for just over £800 now so I can wait 1 year for the SR7010 to save £500 ish. However the link below

http://www.whathifi.com/news/marantz-releases-five-2015-home-cinema-amps-upgrades-preamps

doesn't say if the SR7010 is HDCP2.2 or not, unless I missed it?

Just looked at the article again and it's at the very top *dash1*

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
simonlewis said:
Looks like a nice amp, not suitable for me though it has 7.2.4 and Auro 3D. *good*

Cheers for the link.

It all hangs on if we do/don't get an extension. If we do I'll have a dedicated cinema room which will enable me to get someone in and install a complete new system with projector and dolby atmos/DTS-X or Auro 3D (which ever is most relevant I guess) speaker arrangement. If we don't get an extension I'll be sticking with the TV and my 5.0 setup no sub! Might have to get one instead!

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
the Marantz SR7010 has a cracking spec and all the new upgrade requirements needed for the forseeable future, for a mid budget AVR it has to be a contender

it doesn`t have Auro as standard, that is a payable upgrade as with most other AVR`s but it will have iMho the 2 main audio formats which is Atmos and DTS-X

Allan

TRENDING THREADS