Holy cow!

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
In a moment of madness i used half of my Cambridge Audio Pacific interconnect as a digital connection and am blown away by how good it sounds! The only problem i have is i now wonder about buying a "proper" lead for this purpose!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Holy cow! or should it be a holy Turkey on Easter Sunday :)

As long as it's a true 75 ohms cables and well build, it should work well regardless of how much you paid.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
It`d be handy if someone knew the impedance of my cable then! Mind you,assuming it wont burst into flame and it sounds good,whats the harm?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="taxiboy"]In a moment of madness i used half of my Cambridge Audio Pacific interconnect as a digital connection and am blown away by how good it sounds! The only problem i have is i now wonder about buying a "proper" lead for this purpose![/quote]

Interconnects are nowhere near as critical as some will have you believe, but a digital should be proper coaxial cable.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Quite right too!! After my initial listen i noticed that i was missing some bass at least if not more. I now have a 75ohm cable put together by my own fair hand and all is copacetic again.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="taxiboy"] noticed that i was missing some bass at least if not more[/quote]

I thought the cable did blown you away! I wonder why more and more people now believe in Placebo effect
emotion-16.gif

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I am smacking my wrist as i type this! Has to be said that even with the missing bits what was there was crispy and tight but a serious spanking last night drew my attention to the flaws.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts