Holidays from hifi?

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been away on holiday and missed their music? How did your hifi sound coming back after the break?

I had a few weeks away and coming back I just don't feel interested in the hifi anymore.

I'm finding myself just listening to the music again...

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Paradiziac,

While i was stayiing in Bangkok recently i would regularly pop along to the MBK mall & visit a particular Hi-Fi store to hear the Accuphase & Verity Audio Sarastro based set-up. Needless to say. I wasn't the only one.

I did miss listening to my own music though.

BABUR.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
DocG said:
I think all the class A amp owners will have to take a holiday from their hifi this weekend, at the risk of a heat stroke! :twisted:

In Ireland, a heatwave just means it isn't raining! :wall:

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If I am away from my system for more than a few days I suffer acute withdrawal symptoms :cry: the only therapy that seems to help is to go fishing , this takes away most of the symptoms and gives temporary relief from the pain and suffering .

The return home and first listen to my system is always extremely pleasurable and usually quite a long session :grin: ;)

matthewpiano

Time away can put it all back into perspective and listening with fresh ears can be a revelation. Time away gives you space for other things and, as important as the hi-fi is to me, I always enjoy that space.

matthewpiano

Time away can put it all back into perspective and listening with fresh ears can be a revelation. Time away gives you space for other things and, as important as the hi-fi is to me, I always enjoy that space.

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
i never miss my music when on holiday, i take an ipod and headphones :) but one of the first things i do after getting home is play a fave song very very loud on my dj setup :D

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
2 weeks away in France - watching French olympics coverage - those breeteesh cheats, eah?

(Whatever - I guess decoubertin had a thing about naked greco-roman wrestling, judging by all the coverage, eh?)

Back to my vinyl - loud - neighbours away.....oh yeah!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts