Highest resolution on HD ready set?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just given in to the fact that the TV I was going to buy for my lounge is a little too big (Sony KDL40W4000). The only problem with this is that it now looks increasingly likely that I will have to buy a 37" HD ready set, rather than full HD. I just want to know the highest resolution I would get from my PS3 on HD ready. 1080i? 720p? If it were 1080i, would I really notice the difference? My options for the set are looking like being - Sony KDL37V4000 (a step back from the one I wanted), Panasonic TH37PX80B and Philips 37PFL9603D. I know the Philips is full HD, but it's a LOT more expensive than the other two! Please help, as I haven't even unpacked the PS3 yet,as I want to see the full effect of HD as soon as I switch it on!

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ive got a Samsung 40" lcd and wish i went for a plasma, basically much better for sd tv and freeview and more natural colours and not so bright.Not so sure about the 37" as i was a looking at the 42" Panasonic and Pioneer. I think you will be amazed by any Sony or Panasonic range from 32" upwards with your Ps3, but what else will you use it for. Standard tv and sport will look better on the plasma screens less motion blur with sky hd looks fantastic, also you wont notice much difference with it not being 1080p as most 37" tvs only have 1080i and 720p. Where 1080p generally gains in picture quality seem to be 0n the bigger screens from 42" to 60" and even more with a projector especially when sitting closer than normal viewing distance. Another lcd which might be worth considering is the Panasonic TXLZD85 thats full HD for around £800, but me personally would go for the plasma in any size.Go and audition for yourself then you can make up your own mind, everyone has different opinions.

A

Anonymous

I don't really understand your question. If you buy an HD ready set it will be capable of displaying 720 horizontal lines.

A

Anonymous

D'oh! Sorry - I've just realised how stupid that question was. I'm just really wanting to know how much difference it will make to the display of PS3 games and Blu-Ray on an HD ready screen as opposed to full HD. I reeeaaallllyyy want full HD so I know stuff is running at the 'best' possible resolution (and hopefully future-proofed), but if it means paying up to £500 more for a slight improvement that I won't notice, I can probably live without it. Also, the wife and kids watch lots of SD stuff, so if this looks better on HD ready, this may even swing my decision.

A

Anonymous

Barkerwoo:D'oh! Sorry - I've just realised how stupid that question was. I'm just really wanting to know how much difference it will make to the display of PS3 games and Blu-Ray on an HD ready screen as opposed to full HD. I reeeaaallllyyy want full HD so I know stuff is running at the 'best' possible resolution (and hopefully future-proofed), but if it means paying up to £500 more for a slight improvement that I won't notice, I can probably live without it. Also, the wife and kids watch lots of SD stuff, so if this looks better on HD ready, this may even swing my decision.IMHO, the best SD set at 37" is the Panny 37PX80. The wife and kids will love it. At this size 1080p really doesnt make that much difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts