High VFM components

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Audiolab MDAC @ £600

Hifiman HE-500 @ £700

Combine the two, fed from a PC/Mac via USB, and you have a system with a resolution and vibe that's hard to beat for less than £5K.

:cheers:

Matt

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
A pair of active psi speakers, modell A 215-M : 4'790 euros, maximum sound quality possible, and the amp is in the package. :cheers:

Exposure classic XXIII and XXVIII. High end hifi for good price. :cheers:

T

the record spot

Onkyo's network amps, esp the TX8050 and the stunning TX-NR818. Comfortably blew the notion that "AV amps don't do music" out the water and into next week.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Any budget marantz amp or CD player. My motive 2's, although not cheap i was willing to spend more if required but they stood out on that demo day.

matthewpiano

ErwinC said:
matthewpiano said:
Q Acoustics 2020i Dali Zensor 3 Tannoy Mercury V1 Rega Brio-R Denon PMA720AE (stupidly high value for the street price of £200, it would still be great value at £350 given its sound quality)

No CD players? ;)

Mmmmm... If pushed I'd say the Marantz CD6004 and Denon DCD720AE. Above that the law of diminishing returns cuts in very quickly with CD players IMO.

matthewpiano

letsavit2 said:
Any budget marantz amp or CD player. My motive 2's, although not cheap i was willing to spend more if required but they stood out on that demo day.

I'd agree wholeheartedly. I think Denon and Marantz products are very hard to beat in terms of value for money/performance per pound.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
the record spot said:
Onkyo's network amps, esp the TX8050 and the stunning TX-NR818. Comfortably blew the notion that "AV amps don't do music" out the water and into next week.

Do you think the TX-NR818 is also good VFM when used as dac in combination with a cd player?

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
ErwinC said:
matthewpiano said:
Q Acoustics 2020i Dali Zensor 3 Tannoy Mercury V1 Rega Brio-R Denon PMA720AE (stupidly high value for the street price of £200, it would still be great value at £350 given its sound quality)

No CD players? ;)

Mmmmm... If pushed I'd say the Marantz CD6004 and Denon DCD720AE. Above that the law of diminishing returns cuts in very quickly with CD players IMO.

Interesting statement with which i have to agree according to my latest experience with cd players. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts