high value-for-£ 32 inch?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Although I am an old timer in the hi-fi forums, I am a newbie here in TVs, so be gentle...

I am moving house and will look to buy a new TV, most likely 32inch, to pair with a blue-ray player hooked up to my 2-ch stereo (sound to go via DacMagic). Ideally would like to get Freeview/Freesat as I don't really watch that much TV. I have seen the best-buys on WHF but not very keen on spending £500. What would you suggest as a high value-for-money 32 inch?

P.S. I don't mind looking at an outgoing model.

A

Anonymous

Thanks! that was helpful.
emotion-4.gif

At least someone perhaps could give me an idea about what specs to look for (ie what's important and what's not). Contrast ratio, refresh rate, resolution, full-hd vs hd-ready, etc...

A

Anonymous

A 32 inch LCD is unlikely to reap you the full benefit of HD via blu-ray, so it does not really matter if the screen is Full HD (1080p) or HD Ready (720p/1080i).

£400-£500 would seem to be a good range for a good quality LCD screen (look at the many offers that exist on the internet)

The Philips 32PFL7404 which retailed at £650.00 in Nov 2009 (SuperTest Winner) or the Sony KDL-32V5500 which also retailed at £600.00 in Nov 2009 can be had for less.

Both these TV sets will have all the specs you desire, apart from being Full HD too.

A

Anonymous

Thanks EvilWolf. Sony KDL-32V5500 seems to have what I need - and I see it for £450 at certain retailers. Now that Sony has announced new range (yesterday I believe), would you expect the prices to drop further on old models? Ie I am a better off waiting for a month or two?

A

Anonymous

Yes, I expect prices to further drop. Unless you need a TV urgently, I would wait - there will definitely be further savings.

''Good things come to those who wait''
emotion-5.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:I think Richer Sounds are still selling the Samsung LE32B450 for £269, I can't say for sure though as they no longer seem to to want to send me their email newsletter...

Talk of the devil, it's just turned up, it's back up to £299 now but that's still 70 quid cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else. They've got a 37" LG for £399...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts